Chapter Four: Family Matters

"Give it back!"

"No!"

I sit up and blink a few times thinking maybe the screaming was all in my head. Wouldn't surprise me if it was considering everything that's ever happened to me.

"It's mine!"

"No it's not!"

Nope. The screaming was definitely not in my head.

"I will kill you!" Tate screamed.

"No you won't, you stupid wolf!"

"Jason, your child is arguing with her uncle." I mumble, but he's still laying next to me pretending to be sleep. When it came to Jaclyn and the possibility of having to discipline her, Jason was the first to back down.

I hit him.

"Oh, so she's my child when she's downstairs about to kill someone." He muttered under his breath and sat up reluctantly. I shrugged.

"She's got your temper. So, yeah, get downstairs, Daddy." I mentioned before we heard a glass shatter.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to need back up, Mommy." He mocked me. I hit him again. "Hit me again and we're not leaving this bed."

"As much as I'd love to test you, I'm sure one of them are going to kill the other. Now, Tate is the brother of an alpha. But Jaclyn is the daughter of an alpha. It's an even fight."

"Don't be so sure. I'm sure my baby is giving Tate the ass kicking of a lifetime." He decided as we both got out of bed and went downstairs to see who was kicking the crap out of who. Well, Jason won this one.

Jaclyn had Tate in a head lock.

... And he was turning blue...

"I'll have to be the good cop this time, the kids already hate me."He whispered as we hit the last few steps. I accepted it because he was right although I'm not sure they hated him entirely, but it was nearing there.

"Jaclyn Rose McGowan, let go of your uncle, right now!" I yelled. She let him go instantly and they both stood up with guilty looks on their faces. "What the hell is going on here?"

They both simultaneously started screaming different stories up until Jason whistled, silencing them both.

Holy hell those two had lungs.

"Thank you, now one at a time. Jaclyn, go first." I instructed. She stuck her tongue out at Tate before continuing.

"Tate took my necklace and he wouldn't give it back to me." She complained. I looked over at Jason and back to her. Neither one of us had the slightest idea of what she was talking about.

"Necklace? What necklace? You don't own any." Jason repeated exactly what is been thinking. Unless one of the guys have her one, I was at a loss.

"It's not even hers," Tate mentioned, rolling his eyes as he pulled the necklace out his pocket. "A woman said it was hers, that she needed it. Jaclyn had it, so I took it."

Oh no.

"That's not either of yours it's mine. And for the record, your brother gave it to me." I took my necklace back from Tate. I don't even know how he got it considering the last time I saw it was that night.

That damn Phoenix was never ending trouble.

"Call a meeting." Jason instructed I nodded though I wish we didn't have to. The meetings always meant we were leaving and I was tired of moving every couple of months.