Chapter Three: Unwanted Visitors

This was the last person I thought I'd see again. It was also the last person I wanted to see.

"Answer her question." Jason directed. But to no avail. He should have known better, something's never change. And for once, I was actually grateful of that.

"Put the guns down."

I pulled back the hammer. I was not up for negotiations. "I asked what you're doing here."

"I'm not answering until you get those fucking guns out of my face."

"Hey Jason, if I shoot her, she'll live, right?" I asked with my eyes narrowed in slits. I could kill her without another thought. But getting the blood out of white carpet would be a bitch...

"Of course. Go ahead, baby." He moved out of the way giving me a clear shot. I wanted so badly to take it. "I'll clean up."

"Three seconds." I offered. "One," I placed my hand on the trigger. "Two, three-"

"Wait!" She screeched. "I need your help."

I shot her anyways.

"What the fuck!" She fell grasped her shoulder and I smiled. Even though I didn't kill her, I felt a glimmer of happiness. She deserved this. She deserved this tenfold, I was being generous. I was in a pretty decent mood.

"That's for making me ask twice," I explained as I tucked the gun in the back of my pants. "Krystal Vincent, I was hoping to never see you again."

"You tried to kill me!" She cried out. Obviously, she didn't know much about attempted murder. I would have shot her in the chest if I wanted to kill her. Or the face. She would have healed, but I would have taken great pleasure in her horrid disfigurement.

I shrugged. "So we're even. You did try to kill me four years ago."

She rolled her eyes at me. "I should kill you now."

That's when we heard a click, and the barrel of Jason's gun was pressed against the back of Krissy's head. "I told you I'd put you in the ground before I let you hurt her again. So you have a few choices here. You can sit down and answer our questions, leave, or I will put a bullet through your brain, do you understand me?"

She nodded and hesitantly sat down with Jason's gun still at her head. His eyes met mine and I nodded to let him know killing Krissy wasn't a good idea. At least not right now.

Hybrid GPS or not, I assumed she'd be dead by now. Nearly everyone at the academy was. I knew Miranda was; her parents sent out invites to her funeral. And that was before the father killed her mother and turned the gun on himself. It was a tragedy, yes, but it was the harsh reality of our world. Truth is, almost every supernatural breed is nearly extinct. The only breeds still standing were vampires, wolves, witches and angels. Anything beyond that was hopeless. When we last checked, there was only a dozen faerie left. And that was a few days ago. Anything could have happened between now and then. As corny as it sounded, this was the supernatural apocalypse.

"Why are you here?" I asked for the third time tonight and though I'd initially been generous, I was rapidly growing impatient. I should have shot her again for that, but that was a bit much. Even for me. Especially for me. Sky was the more violent one of us three. Well... two.

"I watched the last of the Queen B's die. I have no one left. I tracked you because I thought maybe three years would maybe subsided the bad blood between us." She explained to me. As much as I hated to admit it, she was right. I hadn't thought twice about her since the last time I saw her. And despite what had just taken place, I was over it. But before I could open my mouth, Jason happily rejected.