Chapter Sixteen: Facing Fears Part One

"Jason, you better fix this." I had been arguing with him for the past few hours about this, but he wasn't budging. Granted, I understand that he felt betrayed, but this had gone far enough. Bellator was infiltrating one of our own, and while he may not see anything wrong with this, I most certainly did.

"I'm not making amends with your brother." He shook his head. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair in frustration. I couldn't think of any to change his mind, but I had to try for the sake of our family. Jason didn't want to let bygones by bygones but I wasn't going to give him a choice. I just needed the perfect bargaining chip.

"Please, Jason. You don't have to like him, but fix this." I told him. He shook his head once more. He wasn't going to give into this. I was running out of ways to convince him. Once Jason made up his mind, it was near impossible to change it. But apparently, I was going to have to use the lowest of low to get him to agree with me.

"I love you, Chelsey, I do, but this is the one thing I can't do for you. He betrayed me as a member of my pack, my best friend, and my brother. You don't come back from that." He reminded. I let out an exasperated grunt and grabbed him by his collar. He looked at me with a cross of confusion and admiration of my strength.

"Do you like sex?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed.

"Yes."

"Do you like sex with me?"

"Yes."

I leaned in close and whispered in his ear, "If you don't fix this, I will withhold sex so long the next time you get any will be when Chance graduates from college."

"You wouldn't last that long." He called what he thought was my bluff. But this was one of the rare times when I wasn't bluffing.

"Ohhhhh," I laughed which sounded a lot like Oh, ho, ho. "Jason Chance McGowan, try me."

"Ugh, fine," He caved. "I'll talk to him."

He leaned in to kiss me and I pushed him back. "Now."

He groaned and got off the bed and headed for our bedroom door. "I hate you so much right now."

"Welcome to marriage!" I managed to call out before he slammed the door. Well, sometimes a girl has to use the oldest trick in the book to get what she wants. And I wanted my husband to go play nice with his ex-best friend. As far as I was concerned, I was doing this for a good cause. The stronger Owen was, the less chance there was of him getting taken over, and our safety trumped everything else.

Down the hall, I could hear World War III starting. One between friends, and the other between enemies. I could hear the Russian words and growls echoing down the hall and I knew that Mina had finally called it quits with Kyle. He obviously wasn't taking it well, but what guy would? I mean, she's been dead for a few years now, and she comes back to her boyfriend saying he didn't really see marriage in his future, what could he expect? Mina has compromised a lot for Kyle, and something tells me that he gave her the impression that there would be a future with them. Mina isn't dumb by a long shot, and why waste time on something that wouldn't provide the results you want?

But per usual, Kyle was being a selfish brat who wanted everything with no sacrifice and that was one of the reasons that we couldn't go in head first with Bellator. He didn't think much about sacrifices or consequences, his brothers were always making them for him.

And on the other hand, I could hear Jason and Owen going at it, and by that, I mean, Jason was yelling and Owen was trying to reason. I've never heard Jason use some many swear words, and Owen wasn't typically the submissive type. But then again, I suppose he had to be since Jason forced him into submission. However, it seemed like at any second it would come to blows, and maybe, just maybe, that's what it needed to come to.