Chapter Eight: The Show Must Go On

"You have got to be kidding me." I can honestly say I didn't see this coming. Jason looked at me apologetically like he did. Oh we are so going to be talking about this later.

"Do you know this woman?" The priest asked us. Jason nodded guiltily.

"Yes sir, she's my ex-girlfriend." I tried not to let the get to me, but in fact I was livid that this bitch was trying to object at my wedding.

"How long is an ex, son?" The priest asked. If someone objected at a wedding, it was his job to figure out if the objection was valid.

"Almost over ten years, sir." He estimated. It was amazing how much time had passed between then and now and it was weirder the think how ten years ago, Jason was fifteen.

"You and Chelsey have been together that long as well, am I correct?" The priest asked and Jason nodded. "Do you love this woman?"

"No sir, I never have." He admitted shamelessly. Lindsay looked completely heartbroken, standing there in her wedding gown and veil. She looked ready to have a bitch fit.

"How can you say that when you know I love you?" She asked. A part of me, a small part, felt bad for the girl. The man she was in love with was marrying someone else. Even though she objected, it wasn't going to end in her favor.

"I never did, Lindsay and I'm sorry. But you deserve someone who will love you unconditionally and doesn't just want to be physical with you." Jason apologized nobly. I wasn't going to take said approach, but I was in church, which prevented me from saying half the things I would have said otherwise. "I relinquish you as the alpha's mate."

The look on her face almost appeared as if someone had shot her.

"Why is she under the impression that there was love?" The priest questioned, interrupting the soap opera unfolding before us. I was holding in the anger slowly boiling inside me, I did not need to get upset over something as minuscule as this.

"She's the alpha's mate, sir." Jason responded. I was astounded that he could stay so calm under such high pressure. I was about to crack and I wasn't even under scrutiny.

"And Chelsey?"

"Also an alpha's mate."

"How does that happen, boy?"

"Chelsey wasn't old enough to be the Alpha's mate at the time I came into power." He explained. It was started to get real uncomfortable as everyone waited for this to end. But no one was feeling more uncomfortable than I did.

"And you knew this?" He asked and I nodded. "Do you still wish to marry this man, knowing what you know?"

"Yes, sir." I wanted to say that he was going to have to do a lot to make up for this going down.

"Very well, someone remove this woman, please." He requested and someone from the crowd started to stand up, but Kyle laughed.

"Oh no, sit down. I want to do this." He stepped down as a groomsmen and without another word, threw Lindsay over his shoulder, kicking and screaming, and threw her out the wedding.

He came back with a grin and declared, "The show must go on!"

And it did.

When it was all said and done I was relieved to be finally walking into our reception as -

"Are you ready to brave our new world, Mrs. McGowan?" Jason asked. It snapped me out of my nerves. I just felt butterflies and excitement, yet I was nervous. It was a crazy few years and an even crazier last few months. To be honest, I didn't know if we could recover or if we would.