Chapter Fifteen: Confessions

Chelsey.

Chelsey.

Chelsey!

I looked around in a panic and found no one there. But my name echoed aimlessly as if it bounced off the walls of nothingness.

"Chelsey." This one was loud and clear. I turned around to meet a familiar pair of green eyes and long brown hair.

"Oh my god, am I dead?" I could feel the tears brimming. If she was here, I was probably dead, without a doubt.

"What? No, of course not. Jason would never let you die. But I need to tell you something that you need to tell him." She explained. Somehow, that didn't make me feel any better, I was at least unconscious, and I had no idea how I got there. I most definitely didn't fall asleep, I would have remembered that, but everything is a blur.

"I don't think he would let me die, but if he didn't have a choice-"

"He would sell his soul to the devil for you. Don't underestimate what my son would do for you." She interrupted. "First of all, I'm really happy that you and Jason finally settled down, I definitely didn't think it would happen for a while. He was too busy investing himself in finding out the truth about us. He thought that Cyrus and I had something to do with your memory loss, but that's not the case, obviously, we've been dead for eight years. I need you to tell him they're shifters."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. I had a funny feeling she wasn't talking about werewolf shifters.

"Shape shifters. They can only take the shape of those who they've killed. There are two in existence, but they're trying to repopulate and we cannot let that happen. They want the both of you and I don't know why, but I know that as long as they get you, they might be able to do it. Tell Jason that you all need to go back to that compound; you need to get there, before the shifters do. I'm not quite sure what will help you there, but, I know that Jason would figure it out. If we're back in time, we will help you." She explained. I tried to keep my jaw from hitting the ground.

"I'm sorry, what?" I reiterated. This was all getting too complicated and too crazy for my life. First, I had to worry about Bellator wanted to take human form and wreak havoc on society, every species wants to covet my child and now, on top of everything else, shape shifters may be trying to use me for god knows what.

"Ancient wolves reincarnate every two to ten years after death. There are only seven of us still around; we're immortal, but not invincible. Also, tell Jason that Cyrus is in the process of reincarnation and will need to be hidden. Can you do that for me?" I had so many questions I felt only she could answer. Regardless, I nodded in agreement. She gave me a long hug and told me that it was time for me to go back into the real word.

But I had no idea how to react to everything she just told me. But I didn't have a choice; I just needed to keep things moving.

"Chelsey." I could hear Jason calling me, but my body wouldn't quite let me wake up. The very feeling made me panic to the point I jolted myself out of paralysis.

"What the hell happened?" I asked sitting up carefully. I looked around and felt calmer once I recognized my surroundings. I remember talking to Jason about how he couldn't trust his pack anymore and then... blank.

"Can you all give us a moment?" Jason asked. It wasn't until then did I realize that my entire family was in the room with us. Almost everyone left willingly, but, understandingly, my mother was hesitant. However, after Jason assured her I'd be okay, she left with Chandler. "I can't do this anymore."