The Deal

It had never been done before, he was certain that Jack hadn't seen himself die, but that's what had happened to Oliver. Immediately Oliver made himself return to Cardiff the day he had left it. The Doctor had stated that his death was a good twenty years away but Oliver said he wanted to prepare. It seemed the years had flown by quickly, Oliver knew what he needed to do, he just didn't expect to find it so hard. He would find it hard because he would be leaving Jack behind.

That was what Oliver was thinking about there on that rooftop. How he was supposed to tell Jack, he didn't want to see him cry, it already broke his heart that his father would have to see him lifeless and not returning, should he make the decision to, heck he didn't have a choice. Oliver inhaled, his deep blue eyes looking up towards the stars, the sudden sound of feet landing on the roof beside him, didn't frighten him.

Oliver kept his hands behind him, inhaling briefly. "So you came?" he questioned softly. The creature nodded its medium sized brown head softly. "Yes. Are you certain that you want this?" The creature responded. Oliver turned his head towards the creature. "Of course not. You'd think twenty years would prepare someone, but no, I'm not certain but we both know I don't have a choice." He answered, extending his hand towards the creature.

The creature nodded in understanding before placing its paw on Oliver's hand. Oliver's hand started to glow if only for a brief moment. "Once all hell breaks loose and you see your chance, your immortality will be taken from you and you will die." The creature stated. Oliver nodded slowly. "I understand. Now go before Jack sees you" he replied and in that moment the creature vanished into thin air. "Oliver!" The sound of the American's voice sounded in his communicator.

Oliver pressed his hand to his communicator in his ear. "Yeah?" He replied. Jack chuckled briefly. "Get down here, quick as you can." He stated. Oliver nodded and moved from the edge of the rooftop heading towards the stairs. What could be going on? It couldn't be time already...