The Words From The Grave

It was usually darkness, for Oliver, that's how it was, but not this time. He had been pulled through the darkness and into the light. Once he was there, well his spirit was there, his deep blue eyes shot open. He noticed something. He was taller. Was he really how he was meant to look? If he had survived being shot when he was a child? Truly that had to be it.

Oliver glanced down to his hands and he noticed the size of them, he turned them, he lifted his head just when he heard the sound of a voice, a female voice clearing her throat. "Welcome Olly the magnificent" she stated. Only one person ever called him that. "Abigail" he responded, running towards her and quickly taking her into an embrace. "You waited. Why did you wait? Why didn't you just move on?" He asked, pulling away and still looking at her, directly into her brown eyes, the very eyes that seemed to make his heart skip a beat back when he was living.

Abigail inhaled slowly even though there was no actual point to doing so. "Remember what you said? When I was dying? 'I love you, Abigail' I wasn't entirely truthful with you about how I felt" she stated. A puzzled expression came across Oliver's face. "What... What do you mean?" He questioned. Abigail chuckled slightly. "You know for a clever male you are quite stupid sometimes" she stated, she went quiet until she was certain that Oliver had caught on. "Oh my... What!? But that's... What!?" He seemed to shout although he didn't mean to.

Abigail giggled. Mostly because she found his realisation that she had, well was, all the tense was quite confusing, nevertheless she did love him. "I love you, you sod", she said calmly, placing a hand upon the side of Oliver's neck. It seemed to happen quite quickly but the pairs lips clashed, it wasn't a fight for dominance, it was just passion. To Oliver it didn't matter that he was dead, what mattered was that they were together, their feelings for each other out in the open. A sudden squeal from a few feet away from the two made them break apart. It had been Juliet. Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Mum? Was that you?" He asked. Abigail nodded. "Yes that was her." She answered.

Oliver tilted his head to the side. "Why?" He questioned. Juliet let out a frustrated groan. "Oh come on! Just let me have this Oliver. I waited and waited for something from you two. So let me have this please" she stated. Oliver thought on it, Abigail playfully nudged him with her arm and he then nodded. "Oh fine" he stated. Juliet beamed and giggled to herself before she skipped off. Oliver turned his head towards Abigail. "Has she always been like that?" He questioned. Abigail shook her head. "No. I heard she was sad for awhile but she seemed happy when I showed up so she must be really happy to see you too" she answered.

Oliver moved slightly and took Abigail's hand within his own. He was going to say something until Abigail picked up on something hovering within his eyes. "You want a proper goodbye don't you?" She asked. Oliver nodded his head. Abigail smiled and she began to run forward. Oliver stood in confusion but followed after her. Abigail came to a halt. "Orion! Get down here! I have a request!" She shouted out. Orion zoomed down towards them quickly with a trail of white following behind him. He stood before Abigail and Oliver calmly. "And what is it you request?" He spoke in a soft tone which wasn't expected considering his size really. Abigail elbowed Oliver again.

Oliver inhaled slowly again it wasn't needed but alas it was a habit. "I want to go back. As a ghost. I need a proper goodbye" he stated. Orion nodded his head. "That. That I can arrange. Your request will be done momentarily" he stated.

Meanwhile back in the mortal world, Jack was still holding Oliver's limp body in his arms. Spock had given into his emotions, his head having lowered as he felt tears come from his eyes. A sudden flash filled the room briefly, two males appearing, of course The Doctor was the first to look at them. He recognised them. They were his sons. Chastity and Jacob. Chas was the first to approach his father. "Dad. Where were you?" He questioned, having not noticed Oliver's mangled body as of yet.