Life and Death

(Italics = Flashbacks. Bold = Dream)

A sudden crack sound came from near Oliver, a young male who looked like he was in his late twenties appeared, his blue eyes falling upon the crumpled body of Oliver. Complete worry and concern fell across his face. He rushed towards Oliver, kneeling down beside him, placing a hand upon his forehead. "Oliver?" He asked, his voice soft. Oliver turned his head slightly and he smiled weakly. "Col... What're you doing here?" He replied. Colin shrugged his shoulders.

"I suppose I wanted to see what the fuss was about" he stated. Jack looked from Oliver to Colin. "Who are you?" He asked, Jack dare not flirt, not since he knew that Oliver was dying in his arms and that he couldn't stop it. Colin inhaled slowly. "I'm Colin. Colin Funke. Me and Oliver go back" he answered as simply as he could. It was true that they did, Oliver asked for his help in finding Alexandra, the two got along rather well. Colin's eyes soon drifted to the deep wound dealt to Oliver's stomach and his eyes widened. "What... What happened?" He asked just as a odd sound occurred not to far from the three of them.

The TARDIS, that blue box, soon appeared. Spock and The Doctor raced out of the TARDIS, heading towards Oliver, who was still lying down in his father's arms, slowly bleeding out. The Doctor kneeled down beside Oliver, looking towards Jack with his brown eyes. "What are you going to do? Take him back to the hub?" He asked. Jack nodded. "Yes" he replied. Oliver shook his head. "No" he disagreed. Spock raised an eyebrow and he kneeled down on Oliver's other side. "Oliver. Can you tell me?" He asked.

Oliver shook his head, indicating towards Spock that he might need to do a mind meld. Spock understood. He placed his hand onto the back of Oliver's head, closing his eyes. He allowed his mind to wander amongst the thoughts Oliver wanted him to see. Spock closed his eyes before he moved his hand away a few minutes later. Colin turned his head towards Spock, inhaling slowly. "He doesn't want to does he?" he asked.

Spock nodded slowly. "No. He wants to be at home" he stated. Jack turned his head towards Oliver. "You want to die at home? W-Why?" He asked. Oliver inhaled slowly. "Because I never got to decide and I want to decide how I leave" he answered. "Please Daddy... Please", he added. Jack seemed surprised by it, Oliver had never called him Daddy before. Spock and the others decided they'd think of a plan of how to get Oliver to his home without damaging him further by going a few metres away from him. Jack ultimately just started to cry more and lowered his head onto Oliver's chest. Oliver placed his small hand on the top of Jack's brown haired head.

It was breaking Oliver's heart, knowing that Jack was heartbroken over the fact that Oliver was dying. Quite suddenly Oliver saw the souls who had oddly not exited his body come flying out of his mouth, disappearing in an instant. Oliver suddenly started coughing, Jack lifted his hand and placed a hand on his chest. "Oh no..." He stated. Oliver's heart was failing. He got to his feet and he scooped Oliver up into his arms. "Doctor! We have to go! Right now!" He shouted. The Doctor nodded and ran towards the TARDIS, Colin and Spock followed after him. Jack ran into the TARDIS, Oliver's head was resting against Jack's shoulder. He looked as if it was getting worse.

The Doctor flicked the switches and levers quickly. It seemed that Jacob had disappeared. The TARDIS must've moved him. Where was unknown to any of them, the TARDIS knew of course. The TARDIS vanished from the streets re-appearing inside the bedroom which Oliver used to live in forty years earlier. It had been reconstructed. The drawings and whatnot remained on the wall however. Jack was the first out of the TARDIS, he gently placed Oliver down on the soft blankets that still remained on the small bed. Oliver's face was looking extremely pale, which had Jack on edge as well as on the brink of bursting into more tears.

Spock followed after him, with a small device in his hand. It was going to give off life signs much like an EKG does. Spock moved forward and he placed it gently in the palm of Oliver's left hand. The Doctor and Colin soon followed afterwards. Colin moved towards Jack and Oliver, his facial expressions still rather concerned. "Oliver. Whose room is this?" He asked causing Oliver to laugh weakly. "Who do you think? It's mine of course!" He answered.