Chapter 9- Stop Quoting Adele!

Chapter 9

I woke up with a jolt.

For some reason I feel something is stuck to my forehead. I feel my forehead and sure enough there is something.

A sticky note. It's written in some sorta scribbled hand writing:

Good morning sunshine. You sure aren't a pretty sleeper. Anyways the movie was quite enjoyable. I mean, kids fighting to the death is so thrilling. I decided not to wake you because I do not want to wake the up the scary zombie teenage girl. See you at school.

The guy who is definitely hotter than Dylan O'Brien,
                                                                                                   Spencer

I could feel myself scoff throughout the whole time I read this stupid note. I am so a pretty sleeper. I am SO NOT a scary zombie. And most important of all, Spencer is SO NOT hotter then Dylan O'Brien. Well it's pretty close, my inner voice chants. I tell it to shut up though.

I hobble up the stairs to get ready for the glorious school day I'm about to have. Sarcasm deeply used folks.

I have a 15 or so minute shower, hop out and then continue to get ready for school.

I put on the first outfit I find, a comfy Nike sweater and some yoga pants. I would usually wear jeans but I can't since I have on that stupid brace.  My ankle feels a lot better since yesterday, but I still can't do much. It is always really annoying, because it takes me twice as long to walk. Lastly, I also can't play soccer for the next couple of days.

Anyways, I put my hair in a beautiful messy ponytail, that I put no what so ever effort into.

I then pack up all my stuff for the school day and go downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast.

I find Lily looking for food in the pantry. She is getting her school snacks for her lunch.

I'm sorta glad that I don't ever have to wake her up in the morning, she has like her own alarm clock in her head that just magically wakes her up in the morning at the exact same time each day. I wish I was like that but no, I'd sleep all day if it wasn't for my alarm clock.

We both gobble down our breakfast in minutes.

After getting ready and packed for school we head off.

I drop Lily off at school and hug her goodbye.

By the time I get to school I have five minutes to spare.

I head inside this disgraceful craphole some people would call this school. Sure this school looks all fancy, but the kids inside are the crap. Well except for a handful of them. Like Emma, Nova, Jace, Parker, and occasionally Spencer.

Don't get me wrong, I love learning and all. Just not at this place.

Anyways, enough with my inner ranting.

I head for my locker, and I see a familiar bubbly brunette waiting beside it.

She immediately sees me.

"Hey Jess, have you heard the news?" She greets, suddenly.

Confused I reply, furrowing my eyebrows. "Um no, what's the news?"