The Meeting Pt. 4

~Marco’s POV~

                The petite girl Red Hair called Echo shuffled her feet slowly as she trailed along behind me looking downcast and worried.

                “Oy, quit dragging your feet and hurry up.” I chuckled warming up to the girl. She may be a part of an enemy crew, but she seemed like such a gentle natured soul. We were almost to the main deck where the others were waiting.

                “I don’t want to.” She whined half-heartedly. “It might be safer if I stay here.”

                A small smirk found its way to my lips as I stepped out from behind the main cabin onto the main deck and spotted Red Hair pacing. “Oy, Red Hair!” I called trying not to smirk again as he jolted to attention scanning the deck of our ship frantically for the white haired girl. The mighty emperor of the sea was actually worried. “She says she wants to stay with us.” I snickered.

                Echo’s pale cheeks flushed crimson and she lunged at me, “I did not!”

                Shanks relaxed when he saw the feisty white haired girl flit into view and smiled as she proceeded to swat at me.

                “Take it easy.” I laughed as I avoided her soft hits, “You’ll hurt yourself.”

                “Echo.” Shanks called and I threw her a curious look as I saw her murky green eyes widen and noticed the worry lines etching into her face.

                She turned a little reluctantly to face her captain trembling even more than she had when she’d been standing before Oyaji. Their eyes met and she tensed for a fraction of a second before noticing the relief in her captain’s eyes and then something miraculous happened. A dazzling smile lit up her cherubic face. Echo vanished from sight as she sprinted back to Red Hair’s ship.

                The crew and myself watched in awe as Red Hair ran to meet her and caught her in a loving embrace.

                “I’m sorry.” I faintly heard her murmur as he held her tightly against him.

                “Your safe and that’s all that matters.” He replied with a smile.

                Some of the crew members exchanged curious looks, thinking that Red Hair was being reckless by showing his weakness to his enemies, but I knew better. She wasn’t his weakness, she was his treasure. His power was limitless if it was for her sake, I could sense it when he’d threatened me before. Because he was an emperor his power was no laughing matter, but the moment he thought Echo was in danger, it skyrocketed. Oyaji must have sensed it too, that’s why he intervened. He knew if anything were to happen to the girl, the entire world would likely be thrown into chaos.

                As Red Hair and his crew departed I returned to Oyaji. “You think she can really see the future?” I asked somewhat skeptically. Though I could detect no lie in her tale, it was still hard to believe.

                Oyaji looked thoughtful, “I don’t think that Red Hair brat knows exactly what it is he’s got in his possession.”

                “Eh? What do you mean?”

                “I think that child can see much more than just the future.” Whitebeard noted.

[.... I really want to make a Marco fanfic now too.... hahaha]