Chapter 55: Am I Ready?

I went outside and breathed in the crisp air. I began to gather my thoughts. For one, I was completely shocked. Part of me wanted to believe I was ready for this and the other part of me was scared. If I'm anything like Pop, I don't want to raise the child the same way I was raised. I couldn't do that. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I started walking and looking around the old neighborhood. I couldn't get the thought of Naomi behaving a baby out of my head. I know I'm not gonna leave her. I don't know if I can be the father that I never had. I don't even know if I'm ready, but I guess I have to be.

I decided to make my way to pops. I figured I could stay the night and figure stuff out with myself. I started making my way to the house. I guess I could say I'm okay with him. Jade on the other hand is still having a hard time talking to him which is understandable.

I walked over to his house and knocked out more door. He opened it, giving me a concerned look. "What's going on?" He asked, signaling for me to come in. "Nothin' pop. I just need a place to stay for the night" I mumbled, chewing on my toothpick. He looked at me as if he knew everything already. "She's pregnant isn't she? I did the same thing when I found out about Brendan." He spoke, a hint of happiness in his voice.

"That's none of your business" I spoke, making my way to my old room. "She needs you, Tommy!" He yelled. I stopped in my tracks. He was right. Whether or not I was ready  didn't matter, I had to be. I have no choice. Naomi needs me and that's what matters right now.

I walked downstairs and stopped in front of my father. "Thank you" I mumbled before heading out the door. I began running, the cold air hitting my face. I quickly ran to the house and stopped for a breath. I opened the door. "Naomi?" I called out and immediately, I heard footsteps from the stairs. "Tommy, you asshole!" Jade yelled with anger. She ran up to me giving me an angry look. "You left her crying, Tommy!" She yelled. I didn't mean to make her cry. I needed to clear my head. Did she think I was just leaving for good? "Let me talk to her" I said, pulling the toothpick from my mouth. "Nuh uh, not until she's calm" Jade protested, blocking the stairway. "I can calm her down" I spoke, moving my sister aside and making my way upstairs. I opened the door to see Conor trying to comfort her the best he could. Then I glanced at Naomi. She looked so sad. "Naomi, I'm sorry. I'm not going anywhere." I mumbled.