Ch. 2 - The Interview

On Tuesday morning, I woke up terrified and clammy - like the cold sweat on the morning of a trigonometry final exam. As I crawled out of my large pillow top bed, I went through my usual routine in which I attempted to convince myself that today was just like any other day. I thought, 'Hollis Easton Reed you are a professional and you can do this.'

I repeated this, and similar variations of positive self-affirmations, as I showered and did my hair and make-up. As I looked at the clock I squealed, "Brunnn, I'm going to be late!" With my heels slipped on I threw myself into my black Prius and drove to a local winery, the site of the day's interview.

As I drove up the mountain, I noticed many more cars than were there normally - but these cars appeared to be technical, with antennae pointing in all directions. After I parked, I walked toward my producer, who was standing under an apple tree, and greeted him warmly, "Morning Lucas, sorry I'm late. Ready for this?" He awkwardly high-fived me and smiled.

"It will be fine, the band is waiting to see you," Lucas said, his smile beaming, filled with double meaning. "Turn on the charm."

Just as Lucas finished wishing me good luck, I felt a hand on my shoulder and another grab my lower back; from their positions I knew the hands couldn't belong to the same people. As I slowly turned around, I saw the two members of One Direction that I'd interviewed last year - Louis and Niall.

"Gentleman," I said with an enthusiastic smile and a - surprisingly - calm voice. "I'm really happy to see you again! Hugs?" As I asked the question, with arms raised, they both attempted to be the first to hug me. Louis, jockeyed dramatically, won and displayed a very cheeky grin.

"We both missed you - some more massively than others." He smirked at Niall who was now blushing, quite extensively. "Did you know that you're our favorite interviewer? 'TheHollieE' is tops." Louis had yet to let go of me, with the last comment being whispered into my ear.

"How nice of you to say that Louis, truly," I said with sincerity as I carefully shook off his arms. Turning to Niall, I became somewhat serious. "And Mr. Horan, I'm a bit hesitant to hug you... your fans on twitter want kill me for even knowing you, imagine what they might think if I hugged you..." I dramatically put my hand on my head and sighed with a silly smile. Without a second passing, he shook his head and crushed me with his arms. When he finally let go, he winked and walked over to their trailer with Louis. I could only stand and catch my breath. He definitely remembered...

As I gathered my thoughts I walked silently to the winery's patio. The crew had set chairs up, as well as our sound equipment, so I was simply waiting to begin our chat. Just before we sat down for the interview I was able to meet the other members of the band. I hadn't actually met Harry, Zayn, or Liam last year so it was going to be nice to have all five of the guys answering questions this time around.

The interview went smoothly. I asked them a variety of questions about their tour and professional lives, they were very silly but still gave good, honest answers. During our chat it became obvious that I was not aware of something, yet all five guys were. An inside joke, perhaps. They just continued to giggle in reference to Niall.

The interview ended in what seemed like a minute, but I was pleased with the results. Nearly everyone had dispersed and I began to walk toward my Prius. All of a sudden, I felt a hand grabbing me on the wrist, and I heard a voice whispering, "Come with me. Now..."