Ch. 20 - Getting Emotions Out

I sat in the hallway, too emotionally spent to reach the bedroom. My tears stopped hours ago, but my thoughts hadn't.

Coming to London was supposed to help me. Instead was hurting a lot more than I'd ever thought possible. While he helped me to find the courage to leave Knoxville, Niall may not have been the best way out.

Hearing footsteps, I was knocked from my thoughts. I tensed, but relaxed to see it was just Harry and Liam. Both guys had watched over me protectively since the incident. Their faces were solemn and worried. "Sweetheart, we're quite concerned. How can we help?" Liam said, sitting next to me on the hard floor.

Sighing, I grabbed my journal. Waving it, I said, "I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my head. I need to do something to get them out - help me write?"

Both guys glances at one another and then nodded; Liam went to grab my guitar. We ended up working well into the night, until the three of us were satisfied with the lyrics and music.

The following morning, at breakfast, Harry was the first to speak after our long evening. "I think, Hollie, that eh... you ought to play it for him."

Liam and I exchanged glances.

"Why's that, Harry?" I asked, cautiously.

"You will feel better if you don't keep everything bottled up inside - and it's him that you need to talk to."

Liam just nodded and I knew deep down that they were both right.

"Fine," I said. "Call him."