Ch. 6 - Seattle

After the flight attendant walked away all I could do was stare at the seat in front of me. The gray, checkered pattern was almost taunting me back into reality. My head shook involuntarily and I sighed.

As the minutes passed, I knew I needed to contact him; he would help me. How did this even happen? Why did that crazy girl show up at my door? I pushed those questions out of my head and grabbed my phone.

The contact information was still entered just as he'd left it. I clicked on his name with shaky fingers and began typing a quick text message.

To Niall: hi need to see you something bad went down im on a plane to seattle now

I sighed, closed my phone and went back to sleep.

My phone beeped wildly as I slowly woke up. I looked down and saw that I had 7 missed text messages and 4 missed calls. Wait - that couldn't be right. I quickly pressed the necessary buttons and was shocked at what my eyes saw.

From Niall: Hey Love - are you alright? Of course I'll see you.

From Niall: When will you be here, I'll send a car.

From Niall: What exactly happened?

From Niall: Hollie? I'm getting worried.

From Paige: r u ok - hvnt hrd from u yet

From Niall: I am coming to the airport to get you. Paul figured out which flight you're on.

From Dave: What the hell Hollie. I got your email.

I just put my head in my hands. In addition to my text messages, Dave had called me twice and Niall and Paige each one time.

"This is getting out of hand," I whimpered.

While I sat sullenly, the pilot alerted us that we were landing in Seattle. 'Seattle?' I thought, 'That was a quick flight.' It was now time to face Niall. Hopefully he could make this situation better.

As I walked out of the airplane, I saw large crowds in the terminal. I shook my head and walked toward the baggage claim.

While waiting for my suitcase to arrive I felt someone's presence standing next to me suddenly.

"Can I help you?" I asked coldly.

The stranger coughed and said, "I think I am supposed to be helping you, Hollie."

I turned with the mention of my name. This person wasn't Niall... it was a middle-aged man in a dark jacket. I stuttered a response, "Uhhhhh whoo are you?"

"Hollie, I'm Paul. Niall's in the car." He said this as though it was the most obvious statement ever made. He then grabbed my bags and smiled kindly. "C'mon, my dear. Let's go."

Paul and I quickly navigated our way to a waiting car in the parking garage. As the car door opened, I couldn't help feeling that somehow things were about to get significantly worse.