Chapter 2

Lily and the boys had blacked out ages ago leaving me in the utterly dark and silent room. No doubt about it I was clearly bored. Niall who had fallen asleep last was still cuddling up next to me. A cute smile just nearly visible in the darkness.

"Amelia what are you still doing up?" Liam groggily asked looking up from his twisted sleeping position.

"I can't sleep." I shrug effortlessly.

Liam nodded his head and nudged Niall who jumped up to make sure I was okay.

"She can't sleep. Maybe you should go do something with your girlfriend." Liam says to Niall who just blushes an affectionate grin plastered to his face.

He stands up throwing me over his shoulder. It's weird interacting with a guy this much like in general other than my father of course. Niall walks through the house straight to the front door. I lower myself out of his grasp and pull on a pair of slip on shoes. Niall passes me my thick black cardigan while he decides which shoes out of his ten pairs he should wear. Like a gentleman he opens the door and holds it for me locking it securely before following me into the cool midnight breeze.

"To Tutti Fruiti!" Niall giggles walking down the street our hands laced together.

Tutti Fruiti is by far the best icecream shop I have been to and I have recently gotten Niall hooked. We had begun these daily trips to the small shop as if it was tradition. The owners who worked the night shift had gotten to know us of a first name basis.

Just when we were turning the corner Abby and her husband the store owners were just locking up.

"Abby do you think we could grab a quick cone?" Niall whines as we get closer.

"Oh yes come in quick! I didn't think you guys were going to show." Abby says handing us our cone.

"Abby in one of the shops windows I saw a hiring sign do you think maybe I could get a job here?" A small frightened smile adorns my face as I speak.

"Oh why of course I was going to ask the both of you actually. Niall if its not a bother would you be willing to take a job here with Amelia?" Abby said my smile growing bigger at her offer to Niall.

Niall smiled, side hugged me then nodded to Abby.

"Well then see you both at 2:30 pm on the dot!" She said pushing us out the door.

We walked around a comfortable silence settled between us. Most of the small shops were closed and only the dim display lights shone. One store though was open the big sign stating its business dangling over the door. I couldn't help but make a small sound as I glanced through the glass at the astounding jewelry. It was so beautiful and some pieces reminded me of my mother.

The elegant yet simple pieces reminded me of her happy go get em personality. No matter what challenges she faced she was cool and collected yet had that fun spin to her enjoying what she had left. As a small toddler at the time my memory isn't to good considering I could barely finish a full sentence. When she had found out she was pregnant she made video diaries each day for the duration of her pregnancy. According to our father it was all about her experiences in life like boys and even our female parts. She cared for our father so much its was undeniably true love. We were only granted access to the series of videos she made while pregnant. After child birth when she had survived she started making the videos again for three years every day. That set was to wait till our eighteen birthday in 3 weeks. We never snooped knowing mom would be peeved.

"Niall can we go in please?" My fingers itched to feel the cool metal chains and gaze as the sparkling gems.

He put his hand on the small of my back giving me a push towards the door.