Chapter 5

I slipped out of the entertainment room after turning off the TV and lights. In the hall I listened for sound. Nothing so I stuck to the wall like a ninja slinking around careful not to make noise. Slowly I moved down the hall towards the living room door. The room held the only glow that helped illuminate the hall.

"Liam stop. I know I said some hurtful things to her! You don't know how bad I want things to be right." I heard Niall yell his accent thicker than I had ever heard.

"I won't stop can't you see! She is broken and you are going to break her even more. You just don't know when to stop." Liam shouted back anger was evident in his voice.

I squeezed my eyes shut taking a deep breath before positioning myself in the door frame. Liam had his back to me, while Niall sat at the end of the table head down. I could hear his sobbing lightly though his gulps of air were less hidden.

"Liam you don't know me, Niall may not either but who are you to say. You don't know my story so you can't tell him to back off unless you are willing to shut up too." I screamed tears spilling from my eyes.

Niall and Liam had similar faces. Eyes wide, mouth agape, though Niall was red in the face and covered in the salty liquid called tears.

"I-I-I, Amelia?" Liam finally choked.

"Leave me alone Niall may have hurt me but I understood! I made up with him because even if he did hurt me I could always forgive him." I wiped at my eyes.

I patted down my clothes straightening them, and turned away through the door.

Not knowing what to do with myself I ended up calling my sister. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello whats up?" I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Give me a make over its time daddy's other daughter stepped into her spot light." It was and incredibly bad idea but I didn't want Jason to get the best of me.

"Wait are you serious?" Lily squealed through the phone.

"Yes where are you?" I spoke calmly not wanting to give off the impression that I was weak.

"My room now hurry on up!" My sister giggled hanging up.

I dashed up the stairs not daring to procrastinate.

"Let get you all dolled up!" Lily sat me down a huge smile lighting up her face.

An hour and a half later my sister was just drying my hair. She had cut my split ends, colored my hair and high lighted it to perfection.

"Hmm curls or straight?" She spoke out loud juggling the two in her head.

Her hands worked fast to plug in the heated machine which she would use to doll up my hair. I wouldn't doubt her if she shaved my head and then pronounced it a new trend.

It took her half and hours to work her way with my hair. After she pulled the hair from my face with a head band she pulled out a monstrous pink metal case.

I gulped as she unlocked it and pushed a button. It automatically slid into place all the makeup products on display. Lily had makeup from almost every brand and then some I had never heard of.

"How do you get all of this?" I squawked dumbfounded by the amount.

"When we travel I get something new its kinda my trade mark. I have more than Lou the boys um what do you call her?" Lily asked unsure of what to call her.

"I don't know you hang out with them more than I do for crying out loud!" I joked holding in my laughter.

Lily rolled her eyes and began pulling out skin colored creams and powders. She compared colors and the looks on my skin before completely covering my face in a cream and a powder. Lily had even covered my lips in the cream.

She then began to use different shades as if she were and artist finding the places it should be darker. I had seen her do this to her snobby school friends though she had never opened this case around them. She applied a natural color of eyeshadow that made my unnatural eyes pop.

I closed my eyes as she delicately swiped liquid eye liner along my top lid. After a few seconds of scrambling around her case for mascara she came back with three tubs and some false eye lashes.

No one not even myself had ever attempted to put fake lashes on me. Ever.

"Hold still!" My sister swatted at me.

It took a while but she had finally and successfully applied the false lashes along with some thick black mascara.

She had me help find a suitable lip color that matched my hair, eyes and makeup all together. We had decided on a cute plumping pink, very vibrant yet chill at the same time.

"Okay your face is ready to see but after you see it I will dress you to okay? Okay!" Lily smiled as she slowly spun the chair around.

I looked like a new person someone confident and strong not nerdy and weak. My smile was huge compared to the face I had become so accustomed to. No tear stains were etched into the skin, no frown or sad eyes, nor a disheveled mop of dull hair.

"You ready to get dressed up?" Lily called throwing several outfits from her closet onto her bed.

I nodded pulling off my sweats and tank top. It wouldn't matter we were sisters and had done it our entire life. Lily was smiling as she passed me the outfit. It was a plain white crop top that clung to my body and cut off at the elbows, and a pair of dark wash ripped booty shorts. Good thing I had just recently shaved my legs. I had to admit my sister did good.

Lily then passed me three metal chains each with a different chain design. They were thick and a gold color though I was sure they weren't actually gold.

"Little help please?" I gulp confused on what to do.

Lily fell to the ground laughing at me her hands clutching at her sides at they crossed.

After a minute of her giggling and me standing her beyond confused she stood up and clipped the chains onto the belt loops of the shorts. I had seen punks walk around with chains like this though they typically were clipped onto a wallet.

I looked in the mirror at my reflection. My body looked curvier more slim too.

This was a good change something I needed. Being someone who wore baggy clothes and tried to hide would make me an easy target, more noticeable. If I planned to hide I needed to blend in meaning I had to be normal again.

"Thanks now um either you teach me how to do this or we get me a makeup slash hairdresser." I laugh.

"How about we hire someone to do it for you." Lily slings her arm around my shoulder.

"Lets go show you off!" I follow her down the stair laughing as we do so.

At the bottom of the stairs Niall is just pulling a bag over his shoulder. He has more than one the other being a suitcase.

"Niall where are you going?" My voice cracks but he looks up to respond.

I watch as he opens his mouth to speak but his words get caught and he ends up silent.

"I um was going to go out for a bit," Niall says unsure of his words meaning after I had left he felt obligated to go himself, "you look amazing by the way."

"Niall don't. Please." I whined.

He couldn't leave. Right?

------------------------------------

This took me forever to write because I ended up watching P.S. I love you while typing and I kept getting distracted and or crying because its so sad. But here you go. Both this chapter and the last are dedicated to @Nialls_princess01 for motivating me to update today and in the near future.