Chapter 12

When I woke up Niall turned on the TV straight to the news. Pictures of Paul Walker, and a torn up red Ferrari flashed on the screen. I began to get excited thinking it was a preview for the newest installment of Fast and Furious. Friends of Paul had tweeted about how he should rest in peace. It then hit me Paul Walker had died in a fatal car accident with a professional driver! A video of Tyrese Gibson crying at the make shift memorial site played. How could that have happened.

Niall hugged me saying that everything would be okay. My father had been good friends with Paul, so I hoped he was holding up.

Dad called later that day to tell us that we were invited to the funeral. We agreed to going and said we would pack our bags. Lily helped me with mine. She packed lots of comfy clothes, but also some nicer things for going out. Instead of a black dress my sister packed me a nice blouse and leggings. She said she would do my hair and make up for the funeral. It was about a week away from now.

Meadow, Paul's daughter had texted me saying she needed her super geek. Yes I happen to be really good friends with her. Niall being the goof he is asked me an abundance of questions. I failed to answer them.

I was currently void of all emotions. Spock could have been my twin. The feeling of losing someone close to your family sucked, yet at the same time I noticed how it brought people together. Sure my dad was social, but he's a celebrity it's expected of him to be.

Dad booked our jet and sent us the information via text. How technological he's become!

Niall wastes no time in packing his appropriate collection of shoes.

Lily has Harry following her like a lost dog as she preps everyones bag with a preferable outfit fit for a funeral.

Zayn has contacted his family telling them that he won't be able to visit this week, but next week for sure. His mother wishes us well.

Louis is once again being the cheeky bastard he is. We all know that he's trying to lift the mood, but its kinda inappropriate.

Meadow and I have planned a skype call in ten minutes, and I can't deny her. Niall passes me his laptop, the skype log in screen a vibrant blue.

"Meadow you there?" I call answering her call as soon as Im logged on.

I hear a sniffle and a soft swear pass through the speakers. Her voice tremors as she coughs and adjusts her camera. Her eyes are sunken in and have a pair of matching skeletal bags.

"Oh Hun I miss you! We haven't talked in forever," I say as soon as her image becomes clear.

She gulps and wipes at her eyes viciously.

"Amelia I can't wait till you get here. I need my super geek," her voice is a strangled whisper.

I want to hug her, but knowing that the computer is my only actual visual communication right now I will have to live.

Niall butts into my camera sight and waves obnoxiously. I turn to shoo him, but hear a little giggle blast through the speakers accordingly.

"D-did you just laugh?" I look at her as she covers her face with a burgundy pillow.

"Yes," Meadow sighs revealing her newly blushed face.

The color brightens her face giving her a tired yet not so dead look.

Niall claps, and reaches for my bag of chips his booty snuggling up beside mine.

"Mmm sour cream and onion! Babe I didn't know you liked these," Niall smiled gobbling my last bag of greasy air.

"I don't, but I needed something to much on," I sigh knowing that I won't be getting them back.

Dang Niall always eating my food whether is healthy or not!

"Wait? Amelia are you dating him?" Meadows face lightens up with curiosity.

Niall nods a chip filled grin whilst I shyly hide behind my hair. Meadow gives an adorable awe in our direction, and then continues with a storm of questions. I can't keep up with her, for all I know she's part Eminem.

"Woah slow down," my eyes wide with confusion.

Meadow shrugs her bony shoulders, a limp smile lifting her purple bags.

I answer a few of her questions before she has to leave with her mother who has always hated me. The woman met me once at one of my dads movie premiers, and from then on shes had this venomous hatred towards me.

We all finish our packing at a leisurely pace. The Jet will be ready tomorrow bright and early. Though my eyes are droopy and I feel the need to sleep I stay awake. Hopefully doing this will bring a nice quiet sleep to me easier. Niall does the same, and as a couple we end up making a superb dinner for everyone.

We make salmon with crispy potato slices. Its almost like eating chips, but with the consistency of a homemade french fry. Trust me they are delicious, the vegetable oil mixed with sea salt and garlic make them spectacular.

Everyone eats,and Niall and I's meal has brightened the mood. Chit chat is shared and flows down the table. Its not a heavy conversation, but a light one that is very dodgy considering our emotions.

We all tidy up and prepare for bed. The night feels long, yet it doesn't feel like night at all.

In the morning we get dressed and ready for our morning jet. It's surprisingly a really early flight considering my dad booked the flight. He isn't a morning person and knowing me I'm not either. Dad enjoys afternoon flights because the sun is perfectly high in the sky and never hits you in the eye.

We arrive 20 minutes before the jet is ready to leave giving us enough time to use the washroom and grab snacks. Niall being the foodie he is fills his backpack to the brim with sweets and chips. He tells me he'll share, and as a half way I purchase drinks.

The lady at the register asks for an autograph from the both of us and a photo. We agree to do so, and full fill her request. The petite woman is in her early 20's and pregnant for the first time. She tells us that One Direction helped brighten her mood when she was younger. This also leads to a story about how it has helped her in the long run.

Niall is almost in tears hearing her story and I feel for him, but our flight is leaving.

We dash to our plane struggling not to shake our drinks or pop a chip bag.

"Finally what took you so long?" Lily gasps as we dash up the jets steps.

"We ran into a woman whilst paying for our stuff and she told us that One Direction saved her life." I answer proudly.

The boys who are all seated turn around grins plastered on their faces.

After take off and once my ears feel normal and not irritated I curl into my chair. Like I said, not a morning person. Sleep is much needed. Im soon falling asleep to the soft sound of Panic! at the disco and Fall Out Boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys can get mad at me... Whilst I was away from wattpad I gained some reads and a few votes and well it made me emotional. I felt proud of myself for accomplishing something that to some would seem small. Im sorry for being away. I've been told that reading should be an enemy. Its begun to consume me, and my mom has said that Im a readaholic. Ive been on for short periods of time slowly working on this chapter because I've had writers block. When inspiration comes I write because god has no clue what would happen if I didnt write when I needed to most.

Anyways happy belated birthday to my cat who shares the holiday of Valentines. My little Lenard is 3 whoo go cats! Guys I know she's a cat but I feel like this proud mama of a really good child.

Robyn<3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧