Chapter 1

Hi again, all pictures in this story were found on Google and Pinterest.

If anyone out there may happen to have the same names as the characters in this book and may find the character's personality offensive. I am deeply sorry in advance.
Again my language is not perfect and my writing skills are not the best, it is my first book and I'm kind of sorry for anyone who may have problems with it.

Also the names of the places in this book are made up, if there is anywhere in the world with these names( which there might be) well good I guess. Some chapters may be longer than the others, some may be short.

I would also appreciate that no one take my ideas from this book, parts may be cliche but I worked hard on this book, it may not seem like it to some of you but i did.

Okay enough talking, without further interruptions: chapter one of WHAT IF

~>•~>•~>~•>~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~>•~
Tessa's pov

"Mom?" I called out into the house.
I searched in the basement, the rooms, the kitchen, yet I still couldn't find her.

She probably went to one of her friends house.

With that thought I went into the kitchen and grabbed a apple.

What' is that smell?

I walked out to the backyard and followed the scent to the pool house.
My heart dropped to my stomach.

Walking around inside the room in the pool house. 

 Pouring gasoline, was my mother.

" mom, what are you doing"I asked

" I'm sorry baby, so sorry" she said horsely with tears running down her face.

No my mom will never do that. She can't do that she can't leave us.

" no no no no don't do this we need you, mom " I said shakily as I realized what she was going to do.

"Baby listen to me, go outside and lock the door" she said

I don't know what made me do what she said, but I did.
In those few minutes , 

time seemed as though it slowed.

tick

 tock

 tick

 tock. 

each passing second, filled my stomach with dread.

Every thing seemed to have slowed down as I stood back.

 I watched my mother light a match, mouth the words I love you,

 then she dropped the match.

Just standing there and watching as the fire spread over her body and through the pool house was slowly tearing me apart bit by bit.

There she stood in the middle of it all somehow, someway quiet through it all.

 I watched, watched as flames consumed my mother's body, destroying every part of her that I have come to know in all of my existence.

I watched as her skin bubbled and boiled,

watched as bubbles appeared under her skin and burst with a pop.

The ear piercing scream I finally let out was joined by my mother as she took her last breath, her last look as her eyes melted shut and screamed her last words, I'm sorry forgive me.

The words that will haunt me in my wake and in my sleep repeating itself over and over and over until it becomes somewhat normal.

I continued to scream and cry and sob even after my throat felt soar.

i felt arms wrap around me as I feel to the ground screaming myself to exhaustion.