Chapter 2

Tessa

The scent was enough to tell me where I was.

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust it to the lighting in the room.
Why do hospitals always have to have the bloody Windows wide open in the early morning.

"Tessa, you okay?" My sister Allison asked while moving to stand closer to me.
"She's gone isn't she Ali" I asked but was afraid of the answer.

She opened and closed her mouth, but settled for nodding her head. As I watched her Closely I saw the dried up tear marks on her face, red nose and swollen eyes.

Imagine what I look like. Egh.

"Where are we gonna go now?" I asked her. We had no family living close by, it was only 3 of them, and they all lived in another state.
My train of thoughts were cut off by knocking on the room door.

*knock, knock, knock*

"Tessa and Allison Garcia" a woman in a suit said as she came into the room. Her chocolate brown hair was in a slick bun, she wore pointed flat shoes,a purple blouse with a black pencil skirt with a black jacket.she looked serious but her hazel eyes gave off a calm and kind vibe.

"Yes" we both answered.
" you will both be moving to live with your father's sister in 4 days as written by will. Pack your stuff, everything will be payed for concerning your move. A child social worker will be staying with you both for the next four days.
I'm sorry for your loss. " with that she turned and walked out of the door.

Well then ....

" good day miss. Garcia, Nice to see that you're up. it looks like you'll be able to leave today. Just make sure you don't do anything too stressful and your sister has the medication for you if you do have any headaches, you can only take up to two a da, one in the morning on before bed. your social worker signed the papers already you are free to leave." The doctor said while flipping through my folder.

=====================================
"Looks like we're  gonna be moving to aunt Nikita's house." Allison mumbled.
"Let's just go home" I whispered and walked faster to her car.

When we got home it felt like everything was diffrent.

"Let's start to pack the faster we finish the faster we could deal with everything else." Allison said.

It felt like all the problems in the world, each country , each state, each village, each street, each house, each room was resting on our shoulders, as we started to pack away our belongings from first Ali'sroom to mine, then to my mom's  room.

That night my sister and I slept in her room wishing that she was here, wishing that we could have done something to save her anything...