Chapter 1

"Anak, gising na! Malalate tayo nito eh!"

I woke up to my mom yelling from downstairs.. Hay, ano na naman kaya dinadakdak nun? I checked my phone, It was 4:36 am,  Febuary 5, 2015. WAIT?! ANO?! FEBUARY 5?!

I ran downstairs and panicked, "MA! BAKIT NGAYON MO LANG AKO GINISING?! Malalate tayo nito eh!" 5 am kaya kami aalis! Today was Juan Karlos' birthday concert, my VIP tickets would be wasted if I got late. 

"Parang wala akong sinabi ah." My mom continued to read her book. Okay, I have 24 minutes left. I went inside our bathroom and quickly took a shower. Got out and dried my hair, threw a blue shirt on and some white jeans. I checked the time, 4: 47 am.. Yes! I still got a few minutes to spare.

I combed my hair and wore a simple headband, after that I placed baby powder on my face and applied lip balm. Done! "Ma, let's go na!" I told her and got out of the house, heading straight towards our car. Why does his concert venue have to be soooo far? Literally, it's like a.. 3-4 hour drive from where I live, add more hours if it was traffic. This is why we left so early, we need enough allowance time in case there's some hectic traffic coming up.

Once we reached SLEX, it was traffic. Of  all days, why today? Siguro yung iba dito papunta din sa birthday concert ni JK.  I took my phone and headphones from my bag and opened my playlist, hitting shuffle. The first thing that played was ''Making Moves'' by Darren Espanto. Okay, let's be honest. I am also a fan of Darren but not as much compared to Juan Karlos. 

While I was listening to music, I saw a big structure from the corner of my eye.. Teatrino Promenade!  Thankfully, we weren't late. We were early! It's 11 am right now, and Juan Karlos' concert doesn't start until later. So we decided to eat at Greenhills Shopping Center since we're in Greenhills anyway. Duh, di ba obvious? 

We ate at Jollibee since my mom works there. Well, not in that specific branch but of course employees do get discounts, plus, I grew up eating Jollibee food! Bida ang saya dito, syempre endorser si Juan Karlos eh.  I ordered a chicken meal that has palabok in it, then a Coke Float. My mom ordered nothing.. She wasn't hungry at the time.

It was 2 pm when we finished, I'm a slow eater, maybe that's why. We went back to Teatrino Promenade and fell in line. I didn't need to actually since I had VIP tickets but of course, I didn't want to deal with the crowd of people rushing to go inside later. 

We were seated literally in front of the stage. Saving money for VIP tickets for the next 2 months was worth it. The whole December and January was just me saving up for this. All the money I got from my ninongs and ninangs, from carolling, from my allowance, I saved up just for this very day.  

The concert doesn't start until an hour or so, my mom was busy playing Candy Crush on her phone, while I was checking my IG. Thank the lord for mobile data! I scrolled down then saw a post from Darren.

"darrenespanto1 Here at Teatrino Promenade! Excited for JK's concert. VIP row, yo! @karloslabajo" 

Then it had a picture of him seating down in the front row isle. JK has this special isle for all his loved ones. So that they won't mix up with the fangirls, I guess Darren's part of that isle. I turned my head to check that isle, it said reserved, but it was all vacant.. Then where's Darren?! It can't be- could it?

I turned my head to the other side. There he was.. The Total Performer, Darren Espanto!  He's just a few seats away! Could this day get any better? Sitting in the car for the next 5 hours was worth it! Totally! I decided to comment on his IG post.

"@heyitsmeivene D! Look to your right!  AHH, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR THIS CLOSE TO ME!"

I hope he turns his head! I was the first one to comment, I don't think he'll miss it. And then suddenly..

"HeyitsmeIvene, are you there?" I heard a voice call out, it was no other than him! DARREN! Since it was a concert, it was dim. So I couldn't really see him, I opened my flashlight from my phone and saw Darren smile at me. 

"I-I'm here po!!" I smiled widely. Ang pogi nya pala sa personal, nakakakilig. Ayoko naaa!! I thought to myself. Darren got out of his seat and sat beside me. Ang init ah.. Di naman ako naka-jacket!  Sana hindi to panaginip, kasi kung panaginip to, wag nyo na ko gisingin!

"Hi." Darren said waving his hand. He's so humble and nice to his fans! He was really white and tall, even though we we're sitting down, I had to tilt my head upward, or maybe I'm just really small, I dont know really.

"H-Hi po! I'm such a big fan! I actually can't believe your right in front of me, rather right next to me." I laughed softly and scratched the back of my head. I pinched myself, nothing , I pinched myself once again, wala parin! Maybe I'm not dreaming afterall!

"To be honest, I'm not the kind of person that would meet and get this close to fans, but you seemed cool, consider yourself an exception." He smirked and winked at me. Lord, matutunaw na po ako. Bakit may mga gwapong nilalang sa mundo tulad nya? I remained calm, trying all my best not to scream, it would be embarrassing since they wasn't really much people yet, it would echo all throughout the room.

"I consider myself really lucky po, not just any person can get a wink and smirk by Darren Espanto." I smiled, "Ivene po, Ivene San Jose. JK Addicted-Darrenatic." I introduced myself. It was pretty much true though, I am addicted to Juan Karlos and at the same time a Darrenatic.

"Darren Espanto, I'm sure you know." He chuckled and extended his hand. Nako po, namumula na ata ako, talk about kamatis mode, WAHAHAHA. I reached for this hand then held it. Ang lambot.. mas malambot pa saakin, nakakahiya.. We shook hands and exchanged numbers. Wow, biruin mo yun? Nag comment lang ako sa post nya sa IG close na kami? WAAHH, ISANG MILAGRO TO! 

He gave me his iPhone to place my number in, while I handed him my SamSung Galaxy Note5. I placed my number in his contacts and named myself "Lucky Fan". Totoo naman diba? Teka wag, erase erase, baka di nya ko makilala. I changed it into "Ivene Ganda". Ganun talaga pag feelingera, 'yaan mo na, paminsan lang to. 

He gave my back my phone, and when I went to see his contact it said "Darren Handsome". TRUE TO LIFE NAMAN TO E, PAG-BIGYAN KO NA. I laughed at it, then he titled his head at me. "Whaaaat?" He asked in a curious tone.

"It's nothing." I smirked. He was about to say something when suddenly a voiced emerged from the big speakers.

"JUAN KARLOS' BIRTHDAY CONCERT WILL START IN 15 MINUTES, PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR SEATS, THANK YOU AND ENJOY THE SHOW." The announcer said. Wait, 15 minutes?! Have Darren and I been talking for that long? Geez, time flies a bit too fast, but hey! JK's concert will start in a few minutes!

"See you later, D." I smiled at him. Yeah, I got used to calling him "D" because I always comment on his posts on IG, anyway I like the nickname, it's cute, like me. Joke.

"Wow ah, naka-isip agad ng nickname? Ang daya, wala pa ko naiisip.." Darren said, "Alam ko na! V nalang. Para fair, hehe." Darren smiled. "V", huh? Not that bad. I can live with that.

"V? Sige, pwede nga. Sabi mo nga, para fair. Ang awkward kasi nung ''I'', noh? Wahaha." I told him, he clearly had a fair point anyway.

"I'll be going back to my proper seat now, maybe the person who's suppose to seat here might arrive, see you around!" Darren said, standing up and walking away and returning to his original place. I actually didn't realize that the venue was nearly full. 

The announcer spoke once more, "This is the moment you've all been waiting for! Presenting, the /Juan/ and only, Juan Karlos Labajo!"

-

Hey guys! My name is Ica, and I'm currently writing this book! Probably will have slow updates, or maybe not since it's Christmas break, but yeah! Since I'm sure y'all don't really know me, leave a question down in the comments if you have any! See you in the next chappie!

-