Chapter 9

Juan Karlos

"One last question." I told her.

"Go on." She answered.

"Who's your crush?"

"It's.."

She had a long pause, honestly, I don't know why I was going to ask her that. It slipped out of my mouth all of a sudden. I felt a drop of sweat run down my forehead. I was nervous of what she'd answer. Worse, of sho she'd answer. 

"Si Darren." I heard her say. I felt a pang of pain and jealousy on my chest. My heart literally dropped and shattered into a million pieces. "Crush is admiration, Karlos. Parang mahihimatay ka na dyan e. I don't love him, nor like him. I see him as my big brother!" She said again. I felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders. Kinabahan ako dun ah. 

"Ahaha, yeah, I know." I laughed nervously. She laughed at me, pahiya ka tuloy, JK. 

"Ikaw, JK, who's your crush?" She returned the question to me. Oh, I know how to answer this question. My lips formed into a smirk while she raised her eyebrow at me.

"Ikaw." I smiled at her. I saw her eyes widened and her cheeks become red. Ang cute nya. 

"Oo nalang, Karlos. Let's eat already, our orders are here." She said changing the topic. Aha, huli ka. I nodded then took a piece of the pizza. She took her phone out and we took a selfie while holding the pizza. 

She posted it on her IG and tagged me, I think. Since my phone rang, I checked to see a notification from IG. From her, to be exact. The caption says "Lunch date with this handsome boy! @karloslabajo" A date? Wait, this is a date? Well, I don't mind really.

We finished eating our pizza and I saw a small piece of the cheese stuck to the corner of her mouth, I took some tissue and went closer to her. I was hiding the tissue though. She looked shocked, and she started to blush, I moved closer. She looks like shes about to faint! This is priceless! Our faces we're just a few inches a part. Before she could react, I wiped the corner of her mouth. She sighed in relief, but the redness of her cheeks remained.

"Let's go to Starbucks already!" She exclaimed as she stood up from her chair. I stood up as well and went beside her. To hold her hand or to place my arm on her shoulder? I decided to place my arm on her shoulder. She seemed okay with it though. Nasanay na siguro. 

I took a selfie with her showing that my arm was on her shoulder, then posted it to IG. I tagged her, of course. I have a strong feeling that all the fan girls will go crazy, including the KarDrea shippers. Okay, In all honesty, I don't like Andrea. She's just a friend, sometimes she becomes to clingy it's irritating, but we're chill.

When we reached Starbucks, we went inside and sat on those comfy chairs with a small coffee table in the middle. Being the gentleman I am, I decided to take our orders. She said she wanted a Vanilla Frappe, So I went to the counter and said our orders. 

"Hi Welcome to Starbucks, May I take your order?" The lady said.

"Ah, yes. One Vanilla Frappe and one Java Chip Frappe, both grande size." I told her as I handed her my Starbucks card.

"Name nalang po." She told me. I wonder what I should put on her cup.

"On the vanilla cup, JK mylabs, on the Java chip cup, place place Ivene mylabs, Thank you!" I told her then she nodded, I returned to our table.

"Sabi ko ako magbabayad e.. Magkano ba?" She asked me while she was about to hand me 500 php. I hid my hands behind my back, not getting the money she gave. She pouted at me. I'm gonna faint. I swear. 

"It's too late, I already paid for it." I told her as I smirked. She raised her hands in defeat.

"Fine! Geez." She told me. I laughed at her.

"I'll go check on our orders." I told her as she nodded. I walked towards the other counter just in time for our orders. I couldn't let her hear our names be called, it would ruin the surprise. I thanked the barista and took the tray.

"Here you go." I told her and placed the tray down on our table. She took her cup and drank, she didn't notice. I took my cup and faced the name towards her direction. She looked at my cup and her eyes widened. 

"W-Wha-..?" She sounded so confused. She checked her cup and stared at it for a few seconds. "Ano to, JK?" She asked me. Wow, she called me JK for the first time, she usually calls me Karlos.

"Trip ko lang, bakit? Kilig ka?" I smirked again. And as expected, she denied it.

"H-Hindi no!" She said in denial. I grinned at her. Hindi nga ba? 

"Whatever you say, San Jose." I told her as I drank my frappe.

"Whatever I say, Labajo." She mimicked my tone.

When we finished our drinks, we we're about to say our goodbyes. I didn't want this day to end, honestly. I escorted her out of Starbucks before we say goodbye. I checked the time, it was around 6 pm already, it was getting dark.

"Before you leave, can we watch the sun set together?" I asked her, she nodded. We walked to the grassy part of ATC, its like a mini park or something. We sat down on the spot that has the view of the sun.  

"It's so pretty!" She exclaimed as she continued to watch the sun. She took her phone and focused it on the sun. "Karlos, intertwine you fingers with mine and pose it within the frame. I did as I was told. I held her and and locked fingers with her, I raised our hands then placed it in front of the camera so it could be seen within the frame, then she took a picture.

"One more, stand up." She said, I stood up and helped her stand up too. "Stand in front of me, with your feet closed." She directed and I followed. She did the same, then placed our intertwined hands in the frame so it could be visible in the shot. She took another picture.

"What were those for?" I asked her, she looked pretty serious though.

"Project. Mapeh." She told me, I nodded. "Thanks, Karlos!" She smiled at me.

"No problem." I smiled. 

We left that mini park place and I escorted her to the transportation terminal. I accompanied her while waiting for a van. Once a van came that goes straight to her place, it was time to say goodbye.

"So.. I'll be heading home now. Thanks for today, Karlos. I had a lot of fun." She smiled at me.

"Same here, I hope we can do this again next time. Bye, Vene! Take care, okay? Text me when you're home." I told her. She nodded.

"Bye.." She said softly.

I didn't reply but I hugged her, just like how I hugged her during the concert, this time, she hugged back, but tighter. It makes me not want to let go. We were just standing there for a solid 1 or 2 minutes hugging. Until the conductor of the van spoke.

"Miss, sasakay ka pa po ba? Aalis na po tayo." He said in a polite way. We slowly pulled away from the hug and she was blushing. I felt like I was too. I held both of her hands.

"Told you we'd see each other again. I don't break my promises." I told her.

"Good, I hope you don't break my heart as well." She said and went inside the van. I was left there speechless.

Wait.. what? 

-

Hey guys! Another late update. Sorry! It's currently 1 am right now and I'm skyping with my friend. We haven't spoken in 2 years tbh, since we had this big fight. We  both realized that this one girl was the reason our friendship was broken, yeah. Putting that aside, How'd you like this chapter? Just a few more chapters and they'll confess to each other! But a conflict will come along with that, of course. See you guys in the next chappie! -Ica

-