Chapter 11

Juan Karlos 

I saw a girl running towards the exit of Starbucks, and Darren was with her. Wait, Darren?! So that means.. Ivene?! I got to my senses and pulled away from the kiss with Andrea. I don't even know why I kissed her, biglaan e, pati ako na-surprise. 

I ran after them and saw Ivene stop in her tracks, Darren did as well and gave me a glare. I felt Andrea behind me. "V-Vene, I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence since she cut me off.

"Save it, Karlos." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek. She grabbed Darren's wrist and left the mall. I feel stupid, I'm just standing here, speechless, and devastated. Andrea hugged me from behind. I felt anger rush through my veins.

"Get off, Andrea." I snarled at her. She laughed, more like an evil laugh. She walked in front of me held my chin.

"We have a deal, babe." She smiled at me. Ugh. 

"Oh yeah?" I told her, getting the "contract" we have from my pocket. "Not anymore." I ripped the paper right, and ripped it more into smaller pieces. I placed it on my palm and blew it to her face. Serves her right.

"Grabe, ang weak mo, Karlos! Wala pang isang araw yung deal natin suko ka na?" She mocked me, I don't care. It was stupid of me to trust her, or to even accept her deal. 

"Wala akong pake. Ewan ko ba kung bakit pa ko nakipag-deal sayo! Hindi kita kailangan." I told her, and walked away. I have no time for this. I have to go to Ivene for Pete's sake!

"You'll regret this, Karlos!" I could hear Andrea yell. Whatever, this day can't get any worse. Let me just be honest with myself. I like Ivene, a lot. Wait no, not like, I love  her. I couldn't admit it to her since my manager would get mad. Dapat daw, showbiz yung gusto ko or whatever. Kaya nila ginawa yung KarDrea e, publicity stunt lang naman. Si Andrea, siniseryoso. Me, like Andrea? Nah. 

-

When I got home, Tito Giovanni noticed something off about my attitude. "Oh, Karlos, bakit ang sungit mo?" He asked me. He looked worried.

"Wala to, tito. Okay lang ako, akyat na po ako ah." I said and went to my room. I laid down on my bed and let out a sigh. Ano nang gagawin ko? She probably hates me. Teka, why does she hate me? Like, we aren't even together. Suddenly, I heard my sub-conscience speak.

Mahal ka nun. Ikaw, mahal mo rin, kaso ano ka? Torpe. Pinaasa mo sya. 

And again, realization hit me. My sub-conscience was right. I raised her hopes up, it's I set her so high and then without her even knowing I let her down. From a high place, I dropped her, she broke. And someone's gotta mend her.

I got my phone and checked Instagram. I sent several DMs to her and nothing. She's probably still hurt and mad about it. I scrolled down through my feed and one post caught my eye. It was a photo of Darren kissing Ivene's forehead. The caption read "Love you @IveneEspanto".

What?! SILA NA?! She even changed her IG username. I'm too late, Darren already got her, and I think Darren will be the one who'll mend her broken heart. I'll let her go for now, so she can heal. But that doesn't mean I'll give up.

You have her for now, Espanto. Don't break her heart like I did. 

Darren

Gosh, I feel like a rebound. It's like, she's using me to move on from JK. But that's okay, I guess. I offered to help her, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'll help her recover, I'll be the person who'll fix her.

It was 5 pm already, and I texted her mom that we might go home late.  I want her to arrive home with a smile on her face, so I'll bring her somewhere nice and relaxing. I whispered to my driver where to go and he nodded. It was probably a 15 minute drive.

Ivene fell asleep because she was tired from crying, probably. I woke her up gently. "V, gising ka na." I whispered and she slowly opened her eyes. She sat up and rubber her eyes.

"D? Asan tayo? Di ko naman bahay to ah-" She told me and I shushed her. 

"Basta, you'll like it here. I already told you're mom we'll be going home a bit late." I smiled and extended my hand. She grabbed it and nodded. I led her out of the car and went to the fish pond. Yeah, I brought her to a fish pond garden kind of thing. It's like some Japanese place. There was cherry blossom trees and stuff.

"It's so pretty here!" She said as she took her phone out, of course, I did too. We took a lot of photos, selfies, and we even fed the fish in the fish pond. We ended up resting underneath one of the cherry blossom trees.

"Thanks for bringing me here, D. It's really nice!" She thanked me.

"No problem, V. Anything for you." I smiled and she blushed.

"So.. we're a thing now, right?" She asked me as she ducked her head.

"If you want us to be, because I do." I told her.

"Then we are." She smiled at me. I got her, she's mine now. But why do I feel that somethings off? Erase, Darren! No negative thoughts now. 

"I'm glad." I said as I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She blushed and winced a bit. Hindi pa siguro sya sanay sa ganto. Wag ka mag alala, V. Sasanayin kita. 

"Hey, D?" She called out. I turned my head to face her.

"Yeah?" 

She went closer to me and pulled me into a hug. I could smell the scent of her hair, smelled like something vanilla-ish. It was a tight and warm hug. I hugged her back, of course.

"One last thing." She told me again.

"Mhm?"

"I like you, since I can't really say love yet, but I like you." She told me. Dang, I can feel the butterflies. 

"Don't rush it. I like you too." I told her and she poked my dimples. What? 

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of lips on my cheek. I felt my cheeks heating up. It was just a peck, though.

"Joke lang yung sinabi ko kanina." I told Ivene.

"H-Ha?" She said with a worried tone.

"Di kita gusto, mahal kita e." I said and she laughed. I pouted at her, seryoso ako ah. 

"I know, and I'm on my way there too, hopefully." She smiled and kissed my cheek again.

I'm so inlove with this girl. 

-

Hey guys! Okay okay, I know that you're probably thinking "Why is she with Darren when it's a JK fanfic?" Kalma, guys. HAHAHA. It's just the beginning of the story. There will be a lot more plot twists and conflicts. Ivene being with Darren is just a phase. Though I plan on making a Darren Fanfic! Would you guys read it? Anyways, did you guys like this chapter? I hope you did. And also thank you for 100+ reads! See you in the next chappie! -Ica

-