Chapter 12

Juan Karlos

I need to make a way, fast. Hanggang di pa huli ang lahat. I should have just confessed to her when I had the chance! Torpe kasi, ayan tuloy! Tapos dumagdag pa si Andrea! Haaayst, buhay nga naman.

Flashback (chapter 8)

"What are your favorites? General basic stuff." I asked her.

"My favorite color is blue, black, and white. My favorite movie is Pitch Perfect. My favorite book is anything Goosebumps or Rick Riordan. My favorite drink is anything Starbucks, so basically coffee. My favorite food is pizza, obviously, and lasagna. My favorite kind of dog is a Shibe Inu and a pug. My favorite song is Stuck by Darren." She answered.

End of Flashback

That's it! I'll like.. combine all her favorites? How should I start?

Ivene

Me and Darren are in front of my doorstep. I took a deep breath, I'm telling my mom about me and Darren. Darren held my hand tightly.

"Are you okay? You look pale." Darreb said with worry.

"I'm fine. Tara?" I asked him and he nodded.

I slowly reached for the door and opened it. My mom was sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Oh anak, ang aga mo ngayon ah. You even have a guest with you." Mom says referring to Darren.

"Ma, I have something to tell you." I said and sat beside her.

"Darren is.. is my boyfriend." I told her.

My moms eyes widened in surprise. "HA?! KARVENE PA NAMAN AKO!" She blurted out. What?!

"What's a Karvene, ma?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Karlos + Ivene, Karvene." Mom said. "I really thought you like JK. You guys look more compatible. But don't worry. I will support you with Darren. Karvene no more, Darvene has risen."

Hardcore shipper pala 'tong nanay ko eh. Baka sa kanya talaga ako nag-mana.

"I promise not to break your daughters heart po. She is my gem, something very fragile." Darren reassured my mom.

"You better, hijo." My mom told him and winked.

-

Juan Karlos

"Is everything ready?" I asked Papa.

"Yep. Text ko na ba sya?" Papa asked while I nodded.

I planned a surprise for Vene, it's kinda like a mix of all of her favorites combined.

In our backyard, I put up a blue-black-white theme. From the table and chairs, to some ribbons attached. I bought Starbucks earlier, along with some pizza and lasagna. After our dinner, I'll serenade her with Darren's song. Kahit ayoko talaga, para sakanya gagawin ko.

After serenading, I'll take a reference from Rick Riordan's book, Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

I bought a shibe inu ang pug plushie, along with a Goosebumps book, Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes.

Honestly, I don't know how I'll give her something Pitch Perfect, I'll probably ask her to watch it with me I guess? Though I'm sure she has watched it a lot of times already.

I looked at the clock, it's 5:34 pm. I told Papa to text Ivene's mom, Tita Marissa, to tell her daughter to go here. Ivene doesn't know where I live anyway. Oo, kakonchaba ko si Tita Marissa. I asked for her permission of course.

"JK, papunta na sila. Mag ready ka na." I heard Papa say. With that, I went upstairs to change.

I wore my white polo with black polkadots on it, skinny jeans and my blue sneakers. I took my guitar and practiced the song.

I was too dumb to notice... there was something about y-

I was cut off by the sound of a girlish scream downstairs. She's here.

I went to the staircase and listened to their conversation.

"Anak, I'm sorry I didn't tell you we were going here. It's too late, nandito na tayo eh. Give Karlos a chance." Tita Marissa spoke.

"I feel like I'm cheating on Darren! I shouldn't be seeing him, dun sya sa hinayupak na Andreang yun! PA-FALL LANG NAMAN SI JK EH." Ivene exclaimed.

Ouch. Yung feeling na hindi pa nga nagsisimula yung plano mo, palpak na.

"Please, hija. JK was forced with Andrea. Alam mo na, kailangan ng publicity stunt para sumikat." Papa told her.

"Fine." Ivene said blankly.

Hulog ka ng langit, Papa.

I slowly went downstairs and went beside Papa.

"Ayan na pala si Karlos eh. Mauuna na ko, nak." Tita Marissa said then left.

"This better be worth my time, Labajo." Ivene glared.

"I promise, it will." I said then placed a blindfold on her. I held her arms and guided her to the backyard.

I counted one to three then removed her blindfold. She looks surprised but she had to keep a straight face on. Pahard to get.

I pulled out her chair then gestured her to sit. Once she sat, I went to my chair.

We ate first, and the whole time it was silent, until she spoke up.

"So, JK, what exactly are you doing?" She asked.

"Gaining your trust back, and asking for forgiveness." I started, "Look, what Papa said was true. My manager forced me to have a contract with Andrea, apparently she took the contract to seriously. I'm sorry, I didn't want you to think I was paasa or pafall." I told her.

"Wow, JK! You think by just doing these, you'd get my trust? My forgiveness? Wag kang anga!" She yelled. And I heard my heart break.

"I'm sorry if I tried to make an effort, sorry if I wasn't good enough for you. In fact, I'm not good enough for anyone! My dad left me and so did my mom, siguro nga ganon nalang kadali yun. Sorry kung anga ako, sorry kung mas magaling si Darren sakin ah. Sorry talaga kung nag try akong bumawi sayo!" I said and laughed sarcastically.

"Wag mo isali si Darren sa usapan! At least mahal nya ko, nandun sya para sakin nung nilalandi mo yung Andreang yun!" Ivene yelled again.

"Nagseselos ka ba? Una sa lahat, wala lang karapatan magalit! Pake mo ba kung kasama ko si Andy, hindi naman tayo ah! Bakit ka sobrang affected ka?! Makapagsalita ka akala mo mag jowa tayo eh." I yelled back.

"Dahil pinaasa mo ko, JK! Paasa ka!" Ivene said as tears fell from her eyes.

"Paasa? Big word! Tandaan mo to, Vene. Walang paasa kung walang umaasa! Tsaka paano naman ako naging paasa? Di naman kita mahal, san ka banda umasa, ha?" I could also feel tears flowing down my cheeks. Hindi kita mahal, Vene. Mahal na mahal, kung alam mo lang. Pero may Darren ka na. Ayoko masaktan ka pa at pati si Darren. She suddenly turned silent.

"JK, I'm so-" I cut her off. Pagod na ko. Sarili nya lang iniintindi nya, hindi yung pakiramdam o side ng ibang tao.

"So kapag ako nag sorry bawal pero kapag ikaw pwede? Wow naman. Unfait na kasi eh. Ikaw lang ang iniisip mo. Ang pakiramdam mo at kaligayahan mo, pero kapag dating sa ibang tao wala ka ng pake. Oh eto, para sayo to! Tapon mo nalang ah!" I threw the paper bag that has the book and plushies in it.

"Dun ka na sa hinayupak na Darren mo! Tutal nagmamahalan naman kayo diba?! Letse! Walang forever!" I yelled one last time and walked out, to go to my room.

-

Omg you guys first dramatic scene lololol. Sorry if its been like a month since ive updated haha finals just ended. Btw jk calls tito giovanni papa if you didnt know. Hope you like this chapter! Try reading my two other books too. Comment and vote! Love you guys. -Ica

-