Chapter 7

Juan Karlos

Right after Darren left, I immediately striked a conversation with Ivene. She had her head bowed down to her knees. She looked really shy. "Hey, Vene!" I greeted her, noticing two posters of me on her wall. One from the Total Girl magazine and one from the free giveaways from my mall shows.

"Hey, Karlos!" She waved as she slowly lifted her head up. She smiled at me then I suddenly laughed. She tilted her head in curiosity. She looked behind her then realization hit her. She blushed slightly.

"Sorry about those." She laughed nervously and scratched the back of her head.

"N'aw, that's okay." I assured her. She sighed in relief, it looked like her shyness suddenly vanished.

"So, you excited for tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Heck yes, I am!" She smiled. "Where are we going to have lunch though?" She asked me. Shoot, I haven't really thought about that.

"Honesty, I don't know myself. Do you have anything in mind?" I told her.

"Pizza. Pizza is always good. We could eat lunch at Yellow Cab then have coffee at Starbucks. My treat." She said. Fine by me, though. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, that sounds nice." I said. "So basically, tomorrow at lunch time, at ATC, Yellow Cab, then Starbucks?" I asked tk clarify.

"Exactly." She answered. Now, to think of topics. We don't really know what do we have in common. But I'm saving that topic for tomorrow. It seems better to talk about that in person.

We ended up talking about my school life, and her family life. Since she was a fan of me, she didn't bother to ask about my family life.

"Well, I was born in Makati, on May 23rd, 2001. We live in Laguna now, though. I live with my mom, grandmother, my two sisters, then my brother. We have a hound dog named Wishbone. My mom's name is Marissa, my grandmother's name is Rosaria, my two sisters are named Alexis and Joyce. Alexis is the eldest, and Joyce is the 2nd born. My brother's name is Clear, he's the 3rd born, then there's me, Ivene. Whom is the youngest. As for my dad though..." Ivene trailed off. Wait, is her dad.. upstairs?

"My dad passed away when I was 9, basically 5 years ago. My dad was sick and that time he had a hard time breathing. Not so long after he arrived at the hospital he passed away. Don't say sorry, though. I'm okay now." She explained and I nodded. Me and her has both experienced losong someone important in our lives.

"As for me though, I've been bullied a lot in school. Since it was just a semi private shool im Cebu, my classmates would push me and stuff. Though I never fought back, I knew I was just going to involve myself into some bigger trouble. Some others would tease me because-" I didn't get to finish what I was saying due to Ivene's sudden laughter. "What's with that?" I asked her.

"B-because of y-your.. your.. forehead!" She said and still couldn't stop laughing. Aw come on, even her? There's nothing wrong with having a wide forehead anyway. Pati nga si Darren, inaasar ako e. Malaki daw yung noo ko, airport na daw. Pwede ng pag landingan ng mga eroplano. Haayys.

After her laughing for like, 5 solid minutes, we changed topics and ended up talking about guitars. She said she really wants to learn how, but first of all, she doesn't have one, second, nobody is gonna teach her. I would if I could, though. She suddenly called my name.

"Hey, Karlos?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you say what you said before I left the concert?"

I gulped. Why did I? I don't even know. It's like, I just had to say it before she left. I had to say it while I had the chance. It just.. felt right.

"I don't know either. It felt right, I had to say something before you left. I couldn't just let you go like that." I told her.

"And how about the hug?"

"Same answer, plus, you were cold." I said, then she nodded. Wow, parang di ata nakuntento sa sagot ko ah.

Someone knocked on her door. She told me to wait a few minutes, and so I did. She opened it and it revealed her mom, Tita Marissa. "Hi po, tita!" I greeted her and she smiled. They were talking about something I couldn't hear, since they were a bit far away.

Ivene returned to her original place, with a frown on her face. "Hey, Karlos. I gotta go now, it's already 11 pm. May lunch pa tayo bukas." She told me.

"Okay, go get some rest. Good night, Vene!" I told her.

"You too, Karlos. Good night!" She waved goodbye then ended the call. I closed Darren's laptop then sat on his bed. I got to skype with Ivene today. Thank you, Darren!

Right on cue, Darren entered the room. He walked towards me, "What happened, bro?" Darren asks.

"She's amazing, that's all I could say." I said, "Good night, bro. I'll be heading back to my room now. Thanks for letting me and Ivene talk." And with that, I stood up and left his room.

I went back to my room and sat on my bed. Our conversation kept ringing in my ears.

"Hey, Karlos?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you say what you said before I left the concert?"

I need to think of a better answer. Well, not think, wait for the answer to come to my mind. Because right now, my minds gone blank.

My eyes started to doze off, sooner or later I fell asleep.

-

Hey guys! Kinda had writers block so I only got to update now. Tbh, I finished this chapter last night but somehow it got deleted. (cries) So I had to write it all over again. Anyway, did you guys notice the new cover? I made it myself! Does it look okay though? Yeah, this chapter felt like a filler chapter but at least you got to know some more about Ivene. See you guys in the next chappie! -Ica

-