The mission

It's my life, I choose. Isn't that how it should be? I don't know if I'll live to see another sunrise or another star in the sky but I don't care. I won't let others control me, they may be older and wiser but I know what I believe and I will fight for my beliefs. I'm not going to back down or walk away. I've had eighteen good years, that's good enough for me. Everyone advises me to stay but what if I want to go? Can they really stop me?

I leave today. Jay and Savannah are the only others willing to come. The adults are all cowards that want to stay. I've been a missionary for enough time to know that everyone has their limits, I just haven't found mine. Will I really go all the way and die for my beliefs? I don't know, but I'm not afraid to find out. I met both Jay and Savannah on my first trip and we instantly connected. Jay and I have been dating for a year now. Savannah and I have been best friends since I fell off that ladder painting in the church the day we met. I honestly don't know how I could do this without them. Being a missionary isn't easy, not everyone is open to you sharing your religion with them. But to know you can change someone's life by going, that's all that matters. All of the other trips have been to calm places but this one will be different. This time we are going to Syria. Yes, Syria the place where Isis is taking over. They knew it would be dangerous which is exactly why they trained us. I know how to fire a gun and protect myself. This time it's not about teaching people about God and getting them to believe, it's about protecting those who already believe. They need help defending themselves and staying alive which is exactly why Jay, Savannah, and I are going there. We are combining with another group to protect the people in Syria. We spent a year training with the United States military who will be going with us. They will protect us and do most of the fighting while we help the citizens trust God and keep having faith. They said there's a chance we could loose our faith but I don't see that happening. I've memorized so many verses from the bible to teach to people and gone on so many of these trips and I've built my faith. There's no way Isis can take all of that way from me. Is there? We land soon. We are instructed to go straight to the camp we are staying at and protecting. Jay, Savannah, and I are supposed to stay out of trouble and with the people. We were trained just in case something happens. We're told not to fight unless we absolutely have to. I've prepared myself for anything. At this point who knows what could happen. I could be just a corpse next week lying on the ground. Or I could be back in America next year. I may make it, I may not. But with God with me I know I have a chance. I'm willing to fight. I will pray for protection and do what I was born to do. 1) Help others find their faith. 2) keep everyone around you including yourself safe. 3)Remember what you've been taught and use a gun if necessary. 4) Jump! I'm flying. I can see the ground coming closer to my face. I pull the string to the parachute. I'm on my feet. I look for Savannah and Jay, we gather up and head to the camp. This is it, no turning back.