Chapter One

"This is the last time something like that will happen to me." I said in a threatening tone of voice.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Because, when we come back this August. I'm not going to be the same Lilly Adams." I said and shook her arm off of my shoulder.

 "What do you mean?" She asked her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I am going to come back the most popular girl ever...." I said 

"What? You aren't making any sense what so ever." She said giving me a weird look.

"They have tortured me ever since I can remember. Tonight is the last night something like that will ever happen." I said. 

 "Okay, I'm not trying to burst your bubble or anything but there’s no possible way that you can come back and be popular. No one likes us." She said.

"No one likes me," I corrected her. "Everyone likes you." I said.

 "Not exactly." She said.

"That's only because you hang out with me. Imagine if you came back in August with a gorgeous friend by your side. Everyone would love us." I said.

She thought about it for a second.

 "How are we going to pull this off?" She asked.

"Summer make-over." I said.

"Okay, I may be able to help you," She said and exhaled. "We'll have to start as soon as we can... Tomorrow night. Sleep-over. My place. Seven o'clock sharp. If you're late, I'll kill you." She said and I nodded.

 "I'll explain my idea to you then." She nodded and ran off.

I stood by the Gym until I saw my best guy friend, Jake.

"Hey." he said as he approached me.

His shaggy brown hair was covering his left eye. His eyes were the most amazing color. They were blue jean blue. But it was just this spectacular shade...

"Hey." I said. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Football team... Again." I said and shrugged my shoulders. 

 "You've got to quit going places with them." He said.

"I know, I know. But Blake asked me this time..." I said. 

 "You're still crushing on that asshole aren't you?" He asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Sorta." I said and he kicked the pavement with the tip of his shoe.

"Damn it..." He said underneath his breath.

 "What's your problem?" I asked and he shook his head.

 "I just can't believe that you would like someone after they embarrass you like that... It really makes no sense." He said.  

"Jake, I've liked him since the seventh grade..." I said.

"He does everything in his power to make sure you're the most disliked girl in the school. And yet you like him like he treats you like a princess or something..." he said. 

"He won't treat me like that once Summer break is over." I said and smirked and he looked at me.

"Of course he will Lilly, he's Blake Carter." he said. 

I stood there kind of speechless because I knew what he said was true. Blake Carter would never like me. Not even if I was the most wanted girl in school...