Chapter Five

He pulled the truck into the driveway and stopped. I was still trying to figure out who his new girlfriend was...

It hurt to think about him having a girlfriend but I guess if it makes him happy, I'm happy. But that didn't really stop me from being curious.

"So, are you ever going to tell me who your girlfriend is?" I asked before I even thought about it.

"No." He said.

"Please?" I asked.

 "No, Lilly." He said sternly.

 "Come on, Jake! You know you can tell me anything!" I said and he was silent.

 "I'm not going to tell anyone who it is if that's what you're worried about." I said and he looked at me.

"Look, stop asking me about it. I don't want to talk about it. Maybe, I don't want you to know about... Her." He said.

"I'm not going to tell anyone." I said and he just looked at me.

"Okay, fine." I said frustrated.

 I opened the door and grabbed my bag off of the floor and got out of his truck.

"Bye, Jake." I hissed.

 "Bye." He said a little annoyed.

I walked to my front door and turned the door knob. I walked in and my Mom and Dad were in the kitchen getting an early lunch. My Mom looked up from the dishes she was washing and her mouth dropped.

"Wow, Lilly. You look gorgeous sweetie." She said and smiled at me.

My Dad turned away from the stove to look and see what my Mom was talking about.

"Oh you look very pretty sweetheart." He said and went back to the stove.

 "Thank you." I said and went upstairs.

I sat on my bed and my phone rang. I picked it up.

 "Hello?" I asked and listened intently.

 "Hey. It's me Aurora. I know you just left my house but I was wondering if you wanted to come over again tonight?" She asked like she was reading it off of a piece of paper.

"Um, sure." I said a little unsure.

"Okay, I'll come get you around three-thirty." She said and hung up.

Huh, that was weird. I pushed that thought to the back of my mind. I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I realized that I had absolutely nothing to do for the two hours that I had to wait. I got up from my bed and grabbed my ipod and my favorite book, Romeo and Juliet. I walked down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" My Mom asked.

 "Over to Jake's." I said and she nodded.

 "Have fun." She said.

I walked out the front door. Jake's house was only two doors down. I walked to his house and into his backyard. I walked down the shortcut that led to the tree house. When I got to the tree house I climbed up the ladder and opened the hatch and climbed in and closed the hatch.

I sat down in one of the bean bags and put my headphones in and read my book. I jumped when someone touched my leg. I screamed and ripped my headphones out of my ears. I calmed down a little bit when I noticed that it was Jake.

 "Hey, thanks for scaring the shit out of me." I said.

"Anytime." He said laughing a little and smiled at me.