Chapter Two

I woke up a few hours later when I fell out of the chair. My face smacked the floor. I rubbed my cheek and got up. I cradled my cheek as I moved, slowly and sluggishly towards my bed. I turned off the light and tried to go back to sleep. After I laid on my side for a while I rolled over.

 I looked at my alarm clock and realized it was already six thirty. I had to be ready by seven. I threw the covers off of me and ran to my closet. I picked out my favorite pair of jeans and threw them on the bed and looked through my shirts.

 Hmm, Brown or Purple? I thought about what the new Lilly should pick for a second. Purple. I grabbed my Jeans and ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I realized I forgot my underwear. I ran into my room and went straight to my dresser. I jumped when I noticed someone sitting on my bed.

“Jake? What are you doing?!” I asked gripping my towel with my left hand making sure that it wouldn’t fall to the floor. 

 “I came to apologize… I swear I didn’t know you were going to be in a towel.” He said and smirked.

He stood up from the bed and came closer to me.

“I’m sorry for being such an ass to you yesterday.” He said and touched my arm lightly with his fingertips leaving a trail of Goosebumps behind.  “Forgive me?” He asked.

 I suddenly had a lump in my throat. I tried to swallow it but it wouldn’t go down. I opened my mouth but no words would come out. I nodded ‘yes’ and he sighed with relief.

It took me by surprise when he locked his eyes with mine and put his hand on my right side and pulled me closer to him. I felt his sculpted muscles underneath his slightly tight black shirt. He wrapped both of his arms around me. I stood there with one hand gripping my towel and one arm snaked around the only boy I’ve ever loved.

 He has never hugged me like this before. But I liked it. I didn’t want him to let go. I gripped him tighter and rested my head against his chest. I took in a deep breath to make a note of what he smelled like.

He smelled like Tide laundry detergent mixed with some kind of cologne that accented the Tide perfectly. He smelled wonderful. He let go of me and I stood there motionless.

 “Go get dressed. I’ll take you to school today.” He said and I took my underwear with me this time.

 I threw on my clothes and fixed my hair. I put on my glasses and left the bathroom. I went back in my bedroom and found Jake sitting on my bed.  I grabbed my backpack and put one strap over my shoulder.

“I’m ready.” I said and he got up from my bed. We walked down stairs and my Mom’s eyes lit up when she saw Jake.

“Oh! Hi, Jake!” She said smiling. “When did you get here?” She asked and took a sip of her coffee.

“Hi, Mrs. Adams.” He said and smiled at her and my heart skipped a beat. “I came in about fifteen minutes ago.” He said. My Mom loved Jake she thought he was so charming.

 “Oh, okay. I must’ve missed you come in.” She said and smiled at him.

He smiled back and my heart skipped a beat again.

 “Well, we need to get going.” He said and she nodded and took another sip of her coffee.

“Oh, and I’m spending the night at Aurora’s tonight.” I said inching towards the door.

 “Okay, see you tomorrow.” She said.

“Don’t come home with any piercings!” She yelled as I shut the door.