Chapter Eight

I stood there like an idiot for what seemed to be hours. The guy on top of Jake looked back and noticed me standing there.

 “Lilly?” Jake asked.

I was silent.

 “Is that you?” he asked.

       I climbed down the latter as fast as I could, and ran. I ran so fast I thought I was going to fall over and die from my lungs exploding. I knew I couldn’t go home, so I started running for Aurora’s, I knew it was a few miles away but I couldn’t go anywhere else.  The boy that I loved, was kissing another person. I knew he didn’t feel the same way about me.  It was too good to be true. Tears were spilling freely from my eyes.

I heard someone calling out from behind me.

“Lilly! Wait! I can explain!” Jake screamed.

“Go away!” I yelled back.

When I finally got to Aurora’s, Jake was still running after me. I knocked on the door as loudly as possible.

“Aurora, please let me in!” I screamed.

Jake ran up to the top of the stairs and stood behind me.

“Go away!” I screamed in his face.

“Are you really that disgusted with me?” He asked,  I saw a tear run down his cheek but he wiped it away.

      The truth was that I wasn’t disgusted with him being gay. That didn’t bother me at all. But what did bother me was I would always love him and he would always love me, but in a different way. We could never be together.

I knocked on the door again.

“Aurora! Please!” I screamed between sobs.

“Lilly, please calm down and let me explain!” He screamed at me.

Aiden came to the door and looked at my face and saw that I was crying.

 “Jake, what the hell did you do to her?!” He screamed in his face.

“I swear to god if you touched her or hurt her I will find you.” Aiden said in a threatening tone.

 “I didn’t do anything! She’s just freaking out!” Jake yelled.

 “Yeah! Right! Like I’m going to believe that.” Aiden said and pulled me into a hug and went inside, shutting the door in Jake’s face.

He took me over to the couch and he sat down and pulled me into his lap and hugged me. He let me cry for a few minutes.

“What happened Lilly?” He asked me and kissed the top of my head.

 “Nothing happened.” I lied.

“Something obviously happened or you wouldn’t be this upset.” He said.

“It doesn’t matter, because nothing you say could make me feel better.” I said.

 “You’re right, I don’t have the words to make you feel better because honestly, I don’t know what you want to hear. But I do have arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you have to say, and a heart, a heart that’s waiting to see your beautiful smile again.” He whispered.

“You are so full of shit.” I mumbled and smiled.

“Is everything okay?” Aurora came down the stairs in her pajamas with bed head.

She had obviously just woken up. 

 “I don’t know, she won’t tell me what happened.” Aiden said.

“I take it the date went well?” She asked referring to my sitting on Aiden’s lap.

Aiden nodded.

She walked over and sat next to us.

“So what happened Lil?” She asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I said and looked at Aiden.

“Okay, out.” Aurora said looking at Aiden.

“What? What did I do?” He asked.

“Nothing, she just doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it in front of you now. So don’t be an ass. Just go upstairs.” She said.

 “Fine.” He mumbled.

He kissed my forehead and moved me off of his lap. She waited for Aiden to go into his room and then she sighed.

“What happened? I won’t say a word to Aiden.” She seriously.

 “Well, my sister came home and with a guy and they were making a lot of noise, so I was going to go sleep in the tree house and when I opened the hatch, there he was.” I said and started to cry again.

“There who was?” She asked.

 “Jake.” I answered.

“What else happened?” She asked.

I couldn’t just come out and tell her Jake is gay, he probably doesn’t want her to know yet. And it wasn't my secret to tell.

 “He was up there with some girl, and they were making out.” I said quietly.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry.” She said and paused.

 “But maybe it’s for the best, I mean you and Aiden. You can’t love two people at the same time. And now Jake has someone to love too.” She said and I suddenly realized how selfish I had been.

I mean I couldn’t date Aiden, and keep Jake as a back up. He had to be able to have a love life of his own. And I guess he was never interested in me anyways...