Chapitre Dix | Filler Chapter

C H A P T E R -  T E N

“You have a boyfriend?” My voice cracked, like I was still going through puberty. Jayden couldn’t have a boyfriend! He was perfect for me!

“Yeah, his name is Trent. He’s really nice. The only thing I don’t like about him is that he likes One Direction instead of MB.” I could hear Trent mumble something in the background, followed with a chuckle.

“Oh, haha. So um, what do you want to talk about?” I asked, trying to get my mind off of Jayden having a boyfriend. I knew I was going to have to face the facts, even though I wanted to refuse to. “You should ask if you could come over my house. I don’t live far from the youth center,” Jayden suggested.

“Oh, my mom probably won’t care. What’s your address?” I got a small note card with a dull pencil.

“1995, Kavu Lane,” Jayden replied.

“OK. I’ll see you then.” I slipped the note card in my pocket, and got ready to leave. Hopefully, I wouldn’t bump into my dad on the way. I just wanted to have some fun today. When I made my way downstairs, no one was there. Yes! I opened the door, and began to search for Kavu Lane. When I started to walk down the block, Kavu Lane was the neighboring street.

Number 1995 was the first house on the block. I knocked on the door softly. I heard huge dog barks, which shook me up a little. To pass small time, I looked around on Jayden’s porch. There was a sign that read ‘Beware of Dog’. That must of explained the barking.

Someone answered the door, who I assumed was Trent. He looked a lot like Jayden, and if I didn’t know better, I’d think they were brothers. “Hey,” I greeted simply. Trent nodded his head, and let me in Jayden’s house.

Jayden’s home was nothing fancy. In the living-room, there was a couch, a coffee table, and a T.V. which sat on the floor. It wasn’t what I expected, but I wasn’t the one to judge. I followed Trent into the back room, where Jayden sat on the floor, his legs crossed. There was nothing in his room except a twin sized bed with no sheets.

“Hey, Cameron. Sorry it’s not much. It’s just that my family is having a little problems. . . Anyway, what’s up? This is my boyfriend, Trent!” Trent smiled bashfully, and sat down on the floor also.

“Nice to meet you,” Trent held in his hand out, and we shook hands. “Where did you and Cameron meet?” Trent asked, the mood warming up. He had a bright smile, which to me, was adorable.

“We met today at the youth center. We just wanted to get to know each other more,” Jayden explained. I nodded my head, agreeing with him.

“Oh well, he’s cute,” Trent says in a bad whisper. Jayden cut his eyes at him, and then focused on me. “Well anyways, when did you find out you were gay?” Trent asked me. How did he even know I was gay? “Well, I just kind of thought about it. I liked Mindless Behavior, so I guess that was one of the signs.”

“You like Mindless Behavior? Lame! One Direction’s where it’s at,” Trent said, jokingly. Jayden shook his head. “For shame, dude. You know Mindless behavior is much-much-much better!” The two boys argued playfully, and I looked around at Jayden’s posters. All of them were Mindless Behavior, even home-made ones. I could tell he was trying to get keep his room tidy, even though he didn’t have much in  there.

Jayden seemed like I could have him as a friend, because he didn't try to cover up the fact he was poor. He trusted me enough to think I wouldn't judge him, and I thought that was pretty cool. I was happy because I had now had three friends, and I'm probably going to make more over the summer. This youth program had a lot of potential, and I was almost excited for the brand new school year coming up in two months.

Especially if Trent and Jayden were going to be there.