Chapitre Quatre | Caught Me Slippin'...

C H A P T E R   F O U R

“I say, my girl my girl she loves me / She hit me all the time...” Prodigy’s voice was electrifying tonight. Everyone was pumped up — even the parents. The concert was so live, in made me forget everything. The bullies, the name-calling, and my dad. Everyone was singing along and it felt like a dream — surreal. The music was exploding from the stage stereos. Everyone was jumping up and down, and it seemed like it was a 2Chainz concert instead of a Mindless Behavior one. “We just two love birds / That’s why we always tweetin’...” The audience finished Roc’s line for him. “My Girl” was like the Team Mindless anthem; the song that started it all. 

After the song was finished, everyone got even more hype. It seemed like everyone was throwing anything they could get up on stage. The boys were hype also, exchanging the same energy the crowd gave them. “I just wanna give a big thanks to everyone who made it out here tonight. Especially the fella in the second row.”

My heart skipped a beat. Did Prodigy shout me out on stage where everyone could see and hear? It was hypnagogic. I waved at him, and surprisingly, he waved back. This had to be the best day of my entire world. “I love you, Prodigy!” I shouted out towards the stage. I turned around the face people with tons of dirty looks. 

“Bro, are you gay?” A teenage girl asked me. If I didn’t look twice, I would have thought she was Kiloni Lee. “No,” I retaliated out of annoyance. She rolled her eyes. “The last thing TM needs is a gay fan...” She was lucky that Veveeyn didn’t hear or see that little scrap.  

“We love you too!” Princeton shouted out to the crowd, when I knew he was only talking to me. I would definitely post this on every place Team Mindless existed, whether they believed me or not. Since everyone could tell the concert was over, the started to exit. I would be the last one to exit today.

“Tonight was so live. I’m not ever going to forget,” Veveeyn gushed over the night. I knew she was as ecstatic as I was. “Me either! I’m gonna tell my kid’s kid’s about this!” Veveeyn giggled. When we were making our way towards the car, I saw someone beside it. I couldn’t make out who it was  — it was like a large, black figure. When we got closer, I almost got scared, but it seemed not to faze Vev. As we got closer, I realized who it was.

My father.

__________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter, I just had to get this out quick!