Chapter 8

xXMadnessXx Copyright ©2013

Please excuse the mistakes

Chapter 8

 'My Dearest...'

Let me be honest my life is beyond normal. I’m a werewolf (may also be a blood sucker), my dad is a vampire, my mother was a werewolf and an Alpha.  So walking out of the house yesterday may have been a little dramatic, in my dad’s eyes, but I had a very legit reason to. I needed to talk to my mom.

Knowing she died protecting me, brought on a whole different feeling. It actually made me feel guilty; I mean she died trying to keep me alive.

Standing in the kitchen I wait for my dad to come back from his office. His eyes looked tired and worn out, his facial expression when I walked in was filled with worry and sadness. I knew he was worried about me, but he didn’t expect me to return home last night and make it seem everything was normal. Hell, I’m a freaking wolf for crying out loud.

 “Here,” He said chucking a key into my hand.

Still stand there I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, questioning the key with my look.

“It’s the key to the attic, your mom wanted me to give that to you when I thought you were old enough to read and know about what you are.”

I looked down at the cold, silver key that lay in my hands. I closed my hand around it and looked up at my dad. With a heavy sigh I went to the kitchen island and sat down. My dad must have taken it as a hint and sat down on the chair that was on the other side of the island.

“I have questions,” I stated without hesitation, he nodded allowing me to continue.

“Why did you hide all this from me?” I questioned, while gesturing between me and him.

“I thought you wouldn’t shift or develop hunger for blood in your whole life.  I kept it from you because I wanted you to have a normal human life.” He replied, I scoffed when he mention the ‘human life’ part.

“So you didn’t think I would question the lack of grey hair you have or the non-existent age wrinkles?” I said sarcastically.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t notice?” I sighed at his lame excuse. The sheepish look on his face told me that he wasn't thinking about that at all.

“How was my mom Alpha? I thought an Alpha was a male wolf leader?”

“Her father was Alpha. She was first born the title would have gone to her mate, but sense I’m not a wolf she took on the position on her own. She was an amazing Alpha, our pack use to be the biggest one in all of US and was the strongest.” He explained, getting up and putting tea on the stove.

I thought about what he said, biggest pack? Use to? My mom was the Alpha of the strongest and biggest pack in the US.

Talk about badass mommy.

“What happened? You said she died protecting me, from whom? Why?” I curiously asked as I watch his back stiff at my questions being shot out of my mouth. After a few moments he relaxed and took two mugs out of one of the cabinets.

“Rogues,” He growled with such anger and hatred it scared me, “they attacked her pack by surprise.  Of course Liz was ready she saw them coming she prepared for it but didn’t know when.” I sat silently and waited for him to continue as he put tea into the two mugs, with his tense back still facing me. His voice was strong but anyone, even a deaf person could tell his voice was breaking.