Chapter 5

"I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name.

Best friend I ever had. We stil never  talk sometimes."

~Ron Swanson

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Alright guys I'm going to put up a video about the Renaissance and I want you to take notes about it. Sit wherever, I don't care. Just pay attention because you are going to be writing an essay about this soon."

What kind of a professor is this?  He didn't even tell us his name.

There's nobody you really know in this class, so you sit in the back of the room, away from most other people. You open your notebook to the first page and tap your mechanical pencil on the desk.

"Hi!"

Wait, I know that voice...

You turn your head and see Tasos. He sits down next to you.

"Hi," you reply, trying to be polite. It's kind of hard to with that outrageous hair of his.

"I got here late, what are we doing?"

"Watch the video and take notes."

"Okay thanks."

He takes out a pack of gum and starts to chew on a piece really loudly. This act makes you cringe. You can sort of block out the sound if you concentrate on the video enough. You almost forgot he was there halfway through the film.  Almost.

"Do you have any classes after this?"

"No."

Be quiet. Leave me alone. Stop chewing gum. And get a nice haircut. Please.

"Videos over. Class dismissed," the professor says.

You slam your notebook shut and dart out of the room. Tasos won't be able to catch up to you at this speed.

Carefully placing your feet as you run, you approach the staircase. A group of people cross in front of you, causing you to slow down to a halt. When they disappear you start up the run again.  The staircase comes closer and closer- and you clumsily trip over your own feet.  Your face is about to come into contact with the uneven stairwell, but someone grabs your shoulder and your arm. You are brought back up to your feet.

Well that was embarrassing.

"Thanks," you say.

"No problem."

You look up and see Tasos standing next to you.

"Ah! Oh-um-I didn't-uh-know-um-It was you," you stammer.

"Yep, it was me."

"Thanks for stopping me before I broke my nose and stuff...but I have a class I need to go to right now.  Don't want to be late."

"I thought you said that you didn't any class after world history?"

"I said that? I'm sorry, I must have heard you wrong," you lie. "I really do have a class to go to go."

"Okay then. Could I walk with you to that class?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to, I mean..."

"Oh no, I want to."

"Okay."