Chapter 10

Some parties are better left unstarted.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Making it just in time to world history, you slide into your usual seat.  Tasos has arrived before you for the first time.  He has his elbow on his desk and his head resting on the palm of his hand. 

"Hey," he says with a smile.  His eyes are twinkling.  He looks really happy; a little too much so for WH. (Unless you are a hetalian, of course.)

"Hi," you reply.  "You okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh, I dunno. You just seem really happy.  Did something happen?"

You think that you should have kept quiet.  This is Tasos' business anyway.  Also, if you show interest in having conversation with him, he might talk to you even more. And you do not want that to happen. 

Your classmate shrugs his shoulders.  "I'm just glad I get to spend an hour with a really gorgeous person."

At first you are thinking "who is he talking about?", and then it hits you like a frying pan.

Jesus Christ (Y/N) this is why you do not interact with Tasos, you think.

After a couple of uncomfortable minutes pass, the professor speaks. "Going back to the second video we started last week, can anyone tell me where we left off? I can't remember."

Marie Sue raises her hand and and tells the teacher the exact number of minutes in which the film was paused at. The professor presses the on button on his computer and types in a very long passcode. He didn't realize that it was hooked up to the projector, exposing his wallpaper to all of the students, and wonders why everyone is laughing.

Tasos raises his hand. "Um, professor? You still haven't told us your name yet."

"My name,?" the teacher echoes. He stares off into the distance with a melancholy look in his eyes. 

Marie Sue asks the man if he is crying, to which he responds by shaking his head, talking his glasses off, and wiping a single tear from his eye.  He takes a few moments to compose himself before letting the video run.

"Nice going, Tasos," you say, smiling the slightest. 

Mr. Nameless looks out the window in deep thought.  He sniffles a few times, and at the end of class runs out the door before anyone else, knocking over a few papers and a water bottle in the process.

~{several hours later}~

You have been texting Sadiq, Gupta, and Heracles on group message ever since you got back from WH.  You were a little disappointed to find that Gupta only texts with emojis and symbols.

"Hello," Elizabeta sings as she enters the room you two share. She is very close to you now, and you feel comfortable telling her almost anything, which is very rare.

"Hi!  How are you doing,?" you reply.

"Pretty good. I saw Roderich for the first time in ages today. I told you about him, right?"

You vaguely remember that name being mentioned.  "Yeah, isn't he the musician?"

"That's right."

The ground below you begins to vibrate.  Only a little, but enough to cause concern.  Then, loud noises start filling the building.  They sound like voices, from at least 60 people, and perhaps some music being blasted, too.

Your phone buzzes and you see that you have received a private message from Gupta.  It contains lots of exclamation points and angry emojis, and looks something like this:

😡😡😡🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉‼️‼️‼️❗️😡😡😤😤🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

You know that you have to see what is going on.