Chapter 18: I want to see them

Ariel's pov.

I wake up and scoot over trying to get closer to Adam but then I realize he's not here. I open my eyes and pout when I see an empty spot next to me but then fear sets in.

Did he leave me? Is he ok? Where is he at this early in the morning?

All of these terrible thoughts are flooding my mind when I hear the door open. I hide my already tear stained face in the pillow.

" Ariel are you ok? "

I hear Adam ask and I feel the bed dip.

" I thought you left me. "

I tell him sniffling.

I know I sound like a baby but I've never cared so much about anyone before and no ones ever cared about me.

" I would never leave you I just had something to handle. "

He says wrapping his arms around me.

" I fixed some breakfast for you but then I started to feel your sadness so I told my Beta to finish cooking and bring it up here. "

He tells me.

" You felt my sadness? "

I ask confused.

" Oh yeah.. I guess I should explain the while mate thing. "

I'm so confused.

" All wolves are born with mates chosen by the moon goddess it's a feeling that you only have when you are around your mate. As the mate bond gets stronger you can feel each other's emotions and eventually read each other's minds and talk threw a mind link but your scent doesn't change until the mating is completed by marking each other which is done by biting the persons neck. "

" Soooo I'm your mate? "

I ask shocked.

" Yep the one person I'm destined to be with. "

He tells me kissing my forehead.

" But I'm not a wolf? "

" Actually I need to talk to you about that it turns out your half wolf. "

" How is that possible both of my parents are humans? "

I ask confused and he sighs taking my hand in his.

" Those aren't your real parents Ariel your adopted. "

" What? No way! "

" Think about it who would lie to you about something like that me or them?"

I don't even have to think twice about the answer.

" But if I'm adopted who are my parents? "

" We found a family of rouges and it turns out their here because they have been looking for you, your real family is downstairs. "

I don't know how to feel about this.

I'm glad that those people weren't my real parents because I hated the thought that my parents would hate me so much.

I'm sad and mad because my real family gave me away and turned me into those monsters for years and now they finally show up.

" I want to see them. "