Chapter 30: The ball•part 1

I follow Victoria down the stairs but she basically runs down as I'm going down slowly due to the high heels she made me wear. I'm so concentrated on my feet and not falling that I don't even notice all the people starring until I reach the bottom.

" Where's Adam? "

I whisper to Victoria and she shrugs and walks off. Well that was rude to just leave me here.

" Looking for me? "

I hear Adam whisper in my ear causing me to shiver. I smile and turn around and damn that tux looks good on him.

" I was worried you forgot about me. "

I say sighing with relief.

" I don't think it's possible for me to forget about you and definitely when your around all these males. "

He says glaring at a group of guys.

" You look beautiful tonight even more then usual which is saying something that's why I need to keep my eye on you. "

He says winking and I blush.

" You don't trust me? "

" I trust you it's the pricks here I don't trust. Some are in my pack and know we're together but a lot are from other packs and since your not marked they don't know your taken. "

" I'm sorry. "

I say looking at the ground.

" Ariel look at me. "

He says and lifts up my chin so I'm looking him in the eyes.

" You have nothing to be sorry for I know this is all new to you and I couldn't ask for a better mate so the least I can do is wait until your ready. I will wait a thousand years if that's how long it takes. "

I smile happily at his response and kiss him on the cheek making a goofy grin spread across his face.

Looking at him it's hard to believe I got this lucky. He's not only handsome, he's kind and understanding, I may not know much but I do know the world has few good guys and I'm glad that I'm lucky enough to have one.

" I remember my first ball. "

Adam says smiling at the memory as I stare at him waiting for him to continue.

" I didn't even go with any of my friends I wondered around like a lost puppy looking for my mate. "

He says and looks over to me.

" We're you sad when you didn't find me? "

I ask him.

" I thought that I had no mate, that maybe you had been killed. "

He looks down at the ground looking sad, like he's reliving that moment. I take his hand in mine and he looks at me shocked.

" Well I'm here now and that's all that matters. "

I tell him giving him a small smile.

Then the most unexpected thing happens.

" MINE! "

We hear a loud voice boom and everyone goes silent.