Chapter 29: Getting ready

~The next day~

The next day everyone seems to completely ignore what happened yesterday. Yet I can seem to shake the feeling something is off.

Adam has every guard who isn't attending the party tonight on guard just to ease my mind and I even know that I shouldn't worry so much considering nothing sketchy has happened.

" You look gorgeous Ariel! "

Victoria squeals behind me.

" Well I do owe it to you considering you did my hair and makeup and helped me pick a dress. "

" Where are the shoes I picked? "

She ask eyeing me suspiciously and lifts my long dress to see my feet seeing my flats.

" I've never wore those death traps before and I'm not about to start. "

I tell her and she glares at me challenging me.

" Fine I'll wear the dang shoes! "

I huff and she smiles proudly.

" When are you getting ready? "

I ask her.

" Now. I'm not doing much because I know I will end up looking like shit by the end of the night due to two things Men and Alcohol. "

" Your not going to go to find your mate? "

She scoffs.

" You and my brother may be able to put up with the whole moon goddess thing but I don't want to risk my mate being an ass and me getting thrown into jail for ripping off his head if he tried to mark me by force. Some mates aren't like my brother they are forceful and cruel. "

" I really hope you find someone though you deserve someone special. "

She smiles.

" Thank you I would say the same but you already have your mate and if he ever does anything to piss you off just tell me and we can double team his ass."

I laugh and I look at her in envy as she finishes curling the ends of her hair. She looks amazing and she doesn't even know. Who ever ends up being her mate is going to have his hands full but she will be worth it.

" So don't be nervous because the main focus of this ball is the new wolves and finding your mate so no one is going to put any pressure on you or anything. "

She tells me and I nod.

" So are you ready to go meet up with Prince Charming? "

" Ready as I'll ever be. "

I know she says not to be nervous and I know I shouldn't be but I've never really dressed up like this before and I've heard there is dancing and I've never danced before unless you count the shows Steven made me put on when he was bored.