Chances Ch. 9

Chapter 9

"Thank you for the ride Nick! See you later Leila," I waved back at them and walked up to Julian's place. I felt like his mother helping him walk up some stairs. After I unlocked the door, I sat him down on the couch and took out some water and bread. "Eat this." I sternly said. He took it out of my hands and started eating and drinking, giving me a pouty face. God damn he's so cute, but so frustrating. Why can't 2 drinks be enough? He's 22 for crying out loud.

After he ate, I helped him up to his bedroom and sat him down. "But I don't want to sleep, Emma!" He screamed. "I don't care Julian! It's midnight and you're fucking wasted! Just please, get some rest." I say, rubbing my forehead.

He was really mad. Really, really pissed off. He sprinted at me full speed and pushed me into the wall. Before I could react and let out a noise, he shoved his mouth onto mine and desperately searched for an opening for his tongue. I denied him access, his breath smelling of beer and rum. "You wanna play that way? We can play that way." He said, still sounding wasted. I looked at him in utter confusion, and he quickly spun me around and held my arms on the wall. He used his free hand to explore the back of my body until he went down to my butt. He started rubbing it and I was in shock, saying nothing. His hand left shortly and came back extremely hard, smacking my backside with all his strength. "Ah!" I cried out. His hand went missing again, doing the same in the same spot and hurting even more this time. "Stop!" I shouted.

Tears started streaming down my face and his armed loosened up. When I turned around he looked like he was guilty, but stunned. His face looked hurt and my mind went blank. The only thing I could think to do was leave, just get my shit and leave. I hastily grabbed my purse and shuffled down his stairs. When my arm reached out to the door knob, I heard him behind me, running down the stairs. "Wait!..Emma, please don't leave. You're all I have left." He said, pain in his voice. "Not anymore, Julian. Not if you act like that." I turned around and faced him, hand still on the door knob. He looked really confused and hurt. "I know it's sudden but, I want us to live together. I'll stop drinking for you, I promise." As he got closer, he reached out to grab my hand. "Don't." I said, pulling mine back. I thought he was going to cry. I thought I was too. "I'm leaving." I said. "No, Emma. Please just stay. I'm not wasted anymore okay. I'm so so sorry please, stay with me." He said. "I-I don't know if I can do this anymore. I just.. I need some time to think. I'm sorry." I said, my voice breaking and tears waiting in the back of my eyes. Don't cry now. Don't cry. "I.. I understand. At least let me take you home," He said, running his hand through his hair. "No, thank you." I said, quickly getting out of the house. What did I just do? I'll fix this.. But I didn't lie, I really do need time alone. Should I move in with him? It's only been like a week. Oh gosh. I walked down the streets in darkness. I feel..numb.

I wake up in the comfort of my bed and the tone of my alarm clock. Yay, 6 hours of sleep. That's a record. I get ready quickly and go to work, this will keep my mind off Julian and give me time to think. Work is busy as always and my co-workers provide me with some talkative company throughout the day. Henry's still not here. Josh has taken over. It's all too strange to me. Oh well. The day moves quite fast, and Derek lets me off at almost 4. Not too bad. When I get home I'm not hungry, so I go straight to bed.

"You fuckin' bitch."

"HENRY, PLEASE NO-"

It's too late. Darkness everywhere, engulfing everyone and everything and filling my entire body.

I wake up soaked in sweat and huffing and puffing. Holy shit. I had a nightmare about Henry shooting me. No, it's just a dream. It's just. A. Dream. I reassure myself. My head is throbbing. It's almost 7, might as well get up. After a few aspirin I go through my daily routine and head to work.