Chances Ch. 11

Chapter 11

I wake up perfectly on time to get ready for work and hop in and out of the shower with no time to do my hair, as it looks fine natural. Julian awakes in the process and gets up to kiss me goodbye. "I wish you could stay home." He whines, rubbing his eyes tiredly. I kiss him quickly and get in my car to go to work. I'm living with him now! That's so awesome. My folks probaby wouldn't be too happy.. I should call them. I haven't seen them in ages. When I get to work, Henry informs me that I can work with Derek for the rest of the week! Yippee, my life is going awesome right now.

As me and Derek are setting up the register, he asks me how it went with Julian. "Well, we're living together now. So I guess it went good." I said, we both laughed and he congratulated me.

A boring, long day of work slides over me until Josh comes in and surprises us all with a lunch from Taco Bell. Praise the Lord. We all eat gratefully and finish up our shifts for the day. Shop closes at 5:00 and I go to my house to get my things sorted. I need to tell my landlord that I won't need the place anymore. After my bags are packed and everything's neat and clean, I call my landlord with the payphone outside. "Hello?...Hi Mrs. Dickerson!..Yes, it's Emma.... I just called to tell you that I've decided to move in with someone else, so I won't be needing the house anymore....Yes ma'am I have the monthly rent in order and I have tidied up the house and taken out my things...Okay, thank you and goodbye!" I exclaim, full of happiness.

I guess I'll miss the place. My first house by myself.. Living with Julian will be funner though. I shove my belongings in the car and drive off out in the sunset to Julian's house. What a beautiful night in New York. When I arrive, I grab all my stuff and am let in by Julian. "Lemme help you out there baby." He said, grabbing a bag of mine. I am greeted by the warm scent of Julian and.. lavender I think. Smells fresh. We set my things down in the living room and he leads me into kitchen where he has prepared an exquisite meal of steak and potatoes. "This looks lovely."

I state and kiss him on the cheek. We sit down and start eating as we tell each other about our days, and he tells me that Leila and Nick are dating! I'm so happy for them. "We should go on a double date." I say. "That's not a bad idea. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow." He said. After dinner, we both clean up and go to his room.

When I wake up, I realize it is Friday and I let out a sigh of relief. Julian is nowhere to be found, so I get myself ready and look for him. I find him downstairs playing his guitar to a Rancid song. He looks so perfect. He seems startled by my presence but smiles sweetly at me. "I'm going to work, I'll try to get out early and we can go on a date with Leila and Nick?" I say. "Absolutely. See ya later baby." He said, kissing me and waving goodbye. All day long me and Derek laughed and joked around, Henry looking more angry than usual.

I really liked Derek. Like a brother of course. I mean he was cute, but we were just friends and we both knew that. Work ended abruptly at 3:30 and I hurriedly drove home. Julian came out of the house and met me before I could go in. "Nick and Leila are waiting for us at El Paso. You cool with that?" He said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Yeah." I say. We get into his car and sing to a song by The Psychedelic Furs, laughing at each other with every silly note sung.

During dinner, Leila and Nick are at each other's necks with lust, practically having sex in the booth.

I'm kind of jealous from the lack of the affection from Julian, but at the same time it'd be embarrassing, so I'm content. We have a blast together and it was really fun, but it's fairly late, so we all go home and chill. As soon as Julian and I crash through the front door, he passionately kisses me, and with no hesitation I kiss him back. We clamber up the stairs to his bedroom and he gets on the bed, pausing to breathe. I follow him and straddle on top of him. After a minute, he maneuvers a little and gets on top of me. He tosses his shirt to the ground and unzips his pants, revealing an erection through his boxer briefs. After he pulls a condom out of his side table, I stop him.

"Wait..Julian. I have something to tell you." He looks worried. "I'm a virgin.." I say.

He lets out a sigh of relief. "Baby, that's fine. Actually that's really good. That makes you all mine." He chuckles, trailing kisses down my neck and sitting me up to take off my shirt.

"We'll just take it real slow, okay?" He said. I nervously nodded. My heartbeat fluctuated under his gentle touch. What was he doing to me?