Part 14

~~Yugi's POV~~

Joey and I managed to 'borrow' some horses when we got to the other end of the tunnel and rode our way back to our village.

When we got back every crowded around us giving us hugs and saying that they thought we had died. Even Jayden ran up to me and told me that he was sorry for attacking without permission.

"JOEY!" Serenity ran up and almost tackled him to the ground.

"I missed ya sister." Joey hugged her back.

"We must celebrate your return!" Jayden said and everyone started to cheer.

"NO! I have come with terrible news!" I shouted. Everyone went silent.

"The Pharaoh plans to burn down these forests. We can't attack them here."

"THEN WE ATTACK THEM HEAD ON!" someone shouted.

"THAT WON'T WORK! THE PHARAOH HAS AN ARMY OF 10,000 WE HAVE BARELY 1,000 men!" Joey shouted.

Everyone started to panick.

"Please calm down! You have trusted me with your lives when the odds were against us! Why is this time any different!" I yelled.

Everyone went silent.

"I have a plan!"

~~Atemu's POV~~

"Pharaoh... the council is very concerned with your well being. You haven't been working as hard, your quiet, and you seem to be depressed." Mahad said.

I was laying in my bed, not really in the mood to do anything. The night of the ball kept replaying in my head over and over again.

"I... don't really want to talk about it Mahad." I said and rolled over.

"It has something to do with Yukiko, doesn't it."

I nodded. "She... wasn't who she said she was."

"So... you love her right?" he sat down on my bed.

"Well... yeah I guess... but-"

"But what." he interrupted. "You love her right."

"Yes. She makes me so happy and whenever I'm sad she's always right there next to me."

"Use her as motivation then."

"What?" I was so confused.

"Fight for her Pharaoh, become the best person and Pharaoh you can be. If you fall in this war... everyone falls with you, even Yukiko."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything.

"I know you didn't ask to be Pharaoh... but I believe that Ra puts us on Earth for a reason and I think you have a lot of potential, even if you don't see it yet."

He got up and walked out but right before he left he said "Oh, tell Yukiko I said hi."

I thought it over for a while... What am I doing? I don't even know if his real name is Yukiko, but yet I still love him and I still want him by my side no matter what!

I got up and ordered that Yukiko come to my rooms at once. I sat on my bed and waited thinking about what I was gonna say.

"Sir, we can't find her anywhere! She's... gone."

"WHAT!" I got up and ran all over the palace looking for any sign of her- him.

I couldn't find him. It's like he just... vanished. I remembered him running out the door. What if he ran away... for good.

I had to balance myself on the wall.

"No... no no no... he can't just leave me." I muttered to myself.

"Pharaoh, you have another meeting about the upcoming war." a servant said and bowed.

I nodded and went back to my throne room. I've never felt so... numb before.

~~Seto's POV~~

I sat under the tree. The same tree where we would sit after a long day of training. I stopped training... it wasn't the same anymore.

I couldn't get her- HIS face out of my head. I wonder why he was dressed as a girl in the first place. Unless he was some sort of criminal, but we don't have any escaped prisoners on the loose.

I groaned and held my head. I have this painful headache that seemed to act up when I thought about my... situation.

I wish he was with me...

(A/N I know this chaper is a little short but I'm so excited about ending this story and I'm already thinking about doing a squeal. I'm not sure yet)