Chapter Five

Abigail came back downstairs ten minutes later. She was talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah." She said. "Yeah. Uh-huh. I understand. Thank you." She then hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Ethan asked.

"The realtor who rented the house to us."

"What did they say?" Emma asked.

"She said that she made a huge mistake and sold us both the houses for the week."

"That's it?" Peyton asked.

"She also said that she's really sorry."

"Well that just makes it so much better!" Peyton said sarcastically.

"What are we going to do?" Emma asked.

"Well we're not leaving!" Peyton shrieked.

"Neither are we!" Ethan replied.

"Guys calm down." Abigail said. "Maybe we can just share the house. I mean there's plenty of room for all of us."

"I am not going to share this place with you nerds." Ava scoffed.

"Hey!" Ryan interrupted. "That's not necessary."

Abigail look at Ryan and gave him a thankful smile. He smirked and continued talking. "Maybe Abigail has a good idea. We could all just share the place."

"That is so not going to happen!" Peyton yelled. "They are going to be total drags at our parties!"

"Parties?" Ethan asked.

"You know, things popular people throw." Ava explained. Ethan just gave her a sarcastic grin.

"You're not planning to be inviting people over here all the time are you?" Emma asked.

"Of course we are!" Peyton replied.

"If we're going to be sharing this place, we're going to have to make some compromises." Abigail began.

"We never agreed we would share this place." Peyton said.

"Yeah. You guys are just going to have to fly back home!" Ava added.

"Guys, come on." Ryan said. "Sharing this place wouldn't be so bad."

Peyton walked over to Ryan and started whispering in his ear. "Babe. This was supposed to be a special week for just us. They're just going to ruin it."

"No they wont." Ryan replied. "Just give it a chance. You can still do everything you wanted to."

"Ugh!" Peyton sighed. "Fine. But don't you dare ruin this week for me. Come on Ava!" Then her and Ava stomped upstairs.

"Well, this will be fun." Ethan said sarcastically.

"It won't be that bad." Abigail urged.

"Yeah, whatever." Ethan said before leaving the room. Soon after, Emma and Liam left as well, leaving Abigail and Ryan alone.

"So, how are you?" Ryan asked.

"Fine."

"Look, Abigail, I know-"

"Abby."

"What?"

"My friends call me Abby."

"You always said that you hated nick-names."

"Yeah, well things change."

"Ok."

There was a moment of silence before Ryan finally said, "Look, Abby. I know we haven't talked for a while."

"It's been more than a while."

"Yeah, I know, and I'm sorry. But maybe if we just try to start over we can-"

"Look, I have to go unpack."

"Abby....."

"I'll see you around. I mean we're living together now right?"

"Right."

"Okay, bye." She then rushed upstairs.

Ryan then sighed and said to himself, "Yeah, bye."