0. A long time ago

__________________________

"You're such a liar."

"Hakyeon always lies!"

"Cha Hakyeon is not to be trusted."

"Do you find it fun to trick people?"

"Liars always get a punishment after they've lied!"

The hateful voices hit like knifes in the back of the 9-year old kid. He sat in the sandbox and patted continiously on his sand castle while holding back his tears with all his might. His hair was dark and straight, his eyes just as dark and formed as almonds and his skin was rather tanned.

The boy eventually failed with holding back and soon the salty tears could be tasted in his small mouth.

"Such a liar!"

"Just disappear."

"Wait, run! It's Leo!"

"Run!"

And the sound of them all loudly scattering behind him could be heard but even so, the boy didn't look up. It wasn't until he felt a warm hand on his shoulder that he dared to turn around.

"N... are you crying?", the boy that was his age asked in a soft voice.

N faced the boy called Leo with tears in his eyes and while biting his lips.

"L-Leo-hyungg...", N said and sniffled, dragging out on the last letters.

The boy, Leo, who seemed rather calm and mature for his age sat down on his knees beside the boy that in reality was a few months older than him. N just didn't act like it. Leo had black soft hair and in contrast to N, unusually fair skin. Feeling a need to comfort the crying boy, he started to stroke N's head gently without saying anything. Like he always did.

N was still sniffling helplessly but seemed to calm down slightly by the touch.

The distant sounds of the city and children playing somewhere near could be heard. It was a peaceful day.

"Can you sing for me?", N asked carefully when he had calmed down a bit more.

He rubbed his eyes with his small hands and then up looked at Leo with shy eyes.

"What do you want me to sing?", Leo asked and let go of his head.

"Anything."

Leo sat still and seemed to be thinking for a while before he looked up and catched N's gaze to signal that he was ready.

He then started singing.

It was a small, soft but yet determined voice that filled up the sandbox on the playground that day.

"Chukhahae, happy birthday to my love... Simnyeoni jinado haruga jinangeotcheoreom..."

N's eyes lit up when listening to the gentle voice and words,

And when Leo had finished singing...

He felt a feeling only Leo could bring him in his heart,

He felt hope.

So warm.

...

That's how it used to feel.

Before it all got lost in time.

__________________________

Eri here!

I missed writing about Vixx a lot, haha. So here it is.

The story is right now estimated to be around 15-25 chapters with 800-1600 words per chapter so it'll be quite a journey (i hope you will join me on it...).

I'm really hyped to write this so please give it a chance and enjoy! ~

Thanks for reading. ( ̄▽ ̄)