15. You've got mail

__________________________

"I guess he's not here?"

"I guess."

Taekwoon's eyes narrowed by the familiar voices. My parents? He buttoned his shirt and corrected his tie to then look back at Hakyeon who still was struggling with getting his arms into the sheer shirt as quietly as possible. Taekwoon sighed in silence, leaned forwards and gave Hakyeon a sweet kiss on the exposed forehead. He smiled reassuringly before he stood up and walked out on the stage. Hakyeon stopped getting dressed and followed his partner's movements with a careful gaze.

"Ah, Taekwoon! So you were here!, Taekwoon's mother burst out which was followed by a low grumble from his father.

"I'm sorry, I forgot something in here earlier...", Taekwoon started explaining and walked off stage, disappearing out of Hakyeon's sight.

"Oh Sweetie, it's okay! Where is that other boy though..."

"Other boy?"

"You know..."

Their voices got lower as they moved towards the exit, followed by the anticipated slam from the door closing. Hakyeon was quick to put on his clothes and leave the hide-out in which they have been connected just earlier. He didn't feel discouraged though... Not yet and neither did he feel regretful for not being able to tell Taekwoon everything. He chuckled quietly for himself.

"He called me an open book, huh?"

He blushed and took a step out on the stage. Feeling his legs waver from joy and a fluttering energy fill him up, he made a sweeping movement through the air. It was the one that he so regretfully had failed with earlier. All the way to his fingertips, he followed it through smoothly. The next step, the one he had missed due to the whispering got conquered soon after, followed by the whole rutine.

His whole body moved with ease and elegance, precision and detail. The music may have been missing, but it was playing in his head. Together with Taekwoon's words, soft voice and gentle touch; Hakyeon's eyes narrowed in determination.

He's higher than me.
On another level...

The ranking's out tomorrow. Let's see how big the difference between high and low is.

Let's see, how far i have to climb.

Taekwoon humbly accepted all the praise from the higher ups in the aula that now started getting empty on people. At that moment, he could see his future clearly. His voice problem had been solved and he had somewhat confirmed Hakyeon as his... Everything was going well. He had no fear, for to him it was still unknown that their past may catch up to them at any second.

"Taekwoon, we're leaving in ten!", his mother suddenly called out from behind.

Taekwoon nodded and politely excused himself from the person he was speaking too. He then left for the lockers with quick steps to get his coat and other belongings. On the way there, in the corridor, he passed by a couple of girls whispering.

"Hakyeon-oppa was a real disappointment though... I thought he'd be better."

"I know right."