Chapter 12 - "Bloodshed and a Glass Slipper..."

Clara's PoV

I was beginning to get used to being stuck in the basement. At the end of the day there was a TV, and blankets. And I got to spend time with Lucky down here.

He always reminded me of my Dad, so he was good company, until I heard rustling coming from upstairs. 'There back. The Kings guards are coming back' Amy squeaked.

I knew then that John would be up there and it was making my heart ache at just the thought of not being able to touch him, or be with him.

I felt a tear prickle my cheek, but wiped it away.

I had to protect him.

'Good morning Miss Oswald... We were just wanting to check on the recent trade you sold us' Rory asked, holding the crystal ring in his hand.

'Ahh. Yes that was mine. £8000 pounds you gave me' Melody confirmed.

'Were looking for something and would like to search your house. We believe that with the ring there is something else... Rather someone else' Rory said.

'There's only me and my two daughters live here. No need for a search' she said trying to close the doors.

'This is the order of the highest authority' Rory said.

'And who's that?' Melody demanded.

'Me' John said, lifting the hat. 'I am the king, and you will let my men search your house' John said with a raised eyebrow.

'Of-- of course your highness' Melody said, opening the doors and making a swift get away for the basement, when she assumed and thought they weren't looking.

I heard the door open and there was just a tiny bit of hope that John had found me, but all hope was gone when my step mother walked in. 'Out. Get out that door' she whispered in harsh tones, unlocking the door to the outside that I didn't even know there was a key for.

'What are you doing?' I asked as she pushed me out and into a tree, holding a gun.

'What I should have done as soon as your Dad died. At least then I wouldn't have got into this mess' she said holding it up.

'Please don't do this' I begged as people rounded the corner and People came from the basement bedroom, but it was too late because she had pulled the trigger.

I felt the trigger and felt the impact on my arm and shoulder, making me go limp and fall against the tree. She shot again but it missed me completely.

I guess I had never realised how much of a psychopath this woman was before.

'Stop in the name of the King' Harold demanded, as they all came towards her, but she held the gun up.

'What are you doing to do? Kill the King? In front of all these witnesses? John asked, as she held the gun up.

'No. Just her' she said with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

John made eye contact with me on the floor. I was crying. Panting and speaking in agony, especial seeing as the blood was running down my arm and every time I move the bullet was digging and burying itself deeper into my arm.

'Oh no you don't' Rory snapped, pushing her to the floor and flinging the gun away, pushing it across the floor.

'Rory' John said in a panic.

'Forget me. I've got this one. Go to her' Rory demanded.

I watched John run towards me, and my vision go blurry in pain. 'It's okay, your going to be okay' he said pushing my hair out of my face. Please. Please tell me your name' he Smiled.

I couldn't say no to that grin, but even now wanted nothing more than to protect his reputation. 'Clara. Clara Oswald' I whispered in a haze, as he someone else dropped to their knees trying to stop the bleeding.

'John it didn't miss' someone said, lifting my top.

'What?'

'The bullet. It didn't miss her stomach' someone said.

'Well the call an ambulance' John snapped, leaning down and kissing my nose. 'Your going to be okay' John said trying to console me.

'Don't lie to me chin boy. I'm bleeding out' I said in pain.

'I'm a king. Kings can do anything that's the way it works' he chuckled and pulled something out of his pocket. 'Not the way I imagined this' he smirked resting the glass slipper on my foot, and grabbed my hand. 'Clara Oswald. My forest enigma. Will you marry me?' He asked trying to distract my attention from everything else but it was working.

I chuckled in pain but realised it was the ring. My Mums ring. The one I had pointed out. How did he remember?

'Well?' He asked as I had taken time considering, not that I needed too. I defiantly love him.

'Yes' was all I managed to whisper before plunging into darkness.