Chapter 6 - "Servant..."

Clara's PoV

It was one of those cliche moments where the girl and the guy were wrapped up in each other's arms, soundly asleep in front of the fire place with nothing but a blanket covering their modesty - except this was real for us.

I was beginning to stir in his arms, on the hard wooden floor, realising what the he'll I had done last night as the sun was beaming through the window on this September day.

I had also realised the grief that I had hanging over me.

My Dad had died and I had, ruined his memory by doing the one thing that him and Mum did not do. They were completely pure to each other.

I know that times change and things move on but at the same token, I shouldn't have done this. I wanted to save myself for the man that I was going to marry.

I stumbled up, from the floor grabbing all the clothes that were around me.

All I was getting was flashbacks to the previous night, and I knew that one thing was for sure.

I was definitely infatuated by this man. Whomever he might be or what ever he does it wouldn't be right. I couldn't marry into such a family. This was just a one night stand.

Even if it was in a cabin, close to the palace.

My eyes widened. 'Oh my god. We had sex in a shed near the palace. John wake up' I said poking him half dressed and threw his clothes at him. 'We had sex in a shed on the lands of the palace. The king will kill us' I panicked, zipping up my boots and headed for the door.

I looked back not wanting to leave him. 'Go I'll take the wrap for it. Don't worry they won't behead me' he smirked. 'I'll see you again soon' he promised but I knew that was never going to happen.

We wouldn't cross paths again because what we did. What we did was bad.

'Are you sure?'

'Go it's fine. And by the way. Last night was amazing. I just wish I knew your name' he yelled but I was already gone.

I could have yelled my name back, but what would be the point. At least if he doesn't know my name he can't blame me for all of this.

- - -

'John. Your looking, dishevelled this morning, rough nights sleep?' John's father asked.

'Something like that I guess. I just fell asleep in the shed last night, didn't realise how long I had slept for'

'Strange' his father responded. 'Now you've got meetings this morning. We need to set up the final list of princesses for your birthday. You will marry exactly six months after your 21st birthday... Agreed?'

'Actually father. I've found a girl. Who I'm defiantly in love with'

'Her name and what does she do?'

'She's a farmers daughter from way out in the lands. A wealthy one mind you. But I fear she's bit on more than she can chew. She's parent less living with her step mother I believe'

'John. We don't take take pity' you are the prince and you must prove you can look after the lands. You will not get yourself involved in some farmers daughter' he scolded. 'This isn't up for discussion. We follow the rules that were set by my father and his father and way before that. Now get showered and dressed. You have a photo shoot in two hours. Let's find you a princess'

- - -

'Do you know her name, Prince John?' Rory asked.

'No. I had sex with the love of my life last night. The only woman I want to marry and I don't even know the woman's name'

'You've really gone and done it this time. Do you not remember what your father said when you slept with someone. He was so disappointed'

'And no princess is going to marry me with a tarnished sex record. But her - she knew I was no virgin, and she still was willing to stay with me'

'Find her John. Find her name, and find out all about her. Then present her to your father' Rory said.

'The ball. My birthday' John said having a great idea.

'What?'

'Father is all for the people. Why don't we invite every girl in the land to the ball. Then I might be able to introduce them and away him from marrying me to a princess' John said excited, and ran to find his father.

- - -

'And where have you been? Wallowing in self pity all night I guess. Ugh you stink too' Amy said when I got back.

'Sorry. I just got caught up and fell asleep in the rain' I announced and noted what they were doing. 'That's my room' I said.

'No it's my room now. Mummy said we deserve our own room'

'Then where do I sleep?' I protested.

'The gardens. The chicken shed. Who cares?' Rose smirked.

I ran down the stairs to see my step mother at the door. 'What are you doing?' I yelled.

'Just selling some old rubbish I found whilst clearing out' she smirked dropping the engagement ring in the mans finger.

'You can't sell that' I cried.

'Your father is dead Clara. We have no way of providing. Sacrifices have to be made' she laughed taking the pile of money, and slamming the door. 'In the mean time you'll stay in the basement. It's quiet and out the way from guests and clients' she said handing me a box of my stuff. 'And take the mutt with you' she demanded pointing at lucky.

'You can't do this' I demanded.

'I just did dear. Now be on your way. Don't want your stuff and Mummy cluttering the whole house' she chuckled.

I sighed not at all in the mood to argue. 'And one your done settling in - I can't think of lots of jobs for you to do to distract from your grief' she chuckled.

I walked into the cold basement and saw one of the old beds, and knew that would do for sleeping.

I put the box down and pulled the picture frame of the three of us out, wishing things could go back to then and that things wouldn't change.

I sat down thinking that someone would save me from all this shit. I can look after myself but to have a reason to get away from here would be brilliant.

I thought back to the previous night as I stripped my sticky, messy dress off. Pictured the way that John held my body. Kissed down my neck. Kissed my chest and kissed my stomach.

He way he held me, kissing my mouth, forcing it open with his moist tongue. That tongue, the palaces that tongue went. The places that to tongue touched. The way his hands looked after me. The things those hands did.

The way he entered me without hesitation. Thrust into me without worry about who or what I was - especially seeing as he didn't know my name - and the way he held me afterwards, in his arms as we panted together slowly falling asleep.

If only things could be like that every night.

If only I could have a life like that?

I wrapped a blanket around me to shelter my body from the cold and waited for the crappy day of cleaning ahead of me.