Chapter 17

LUCAS POV

I could see the shock in her expression when I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she hesitated. I thought she would say no, and my heart sunk in my chest. I could feel worry creep onto my face, but then she smiled as she blushed.

"Y-yes, Lucas I would love to be your girlfriend." She said happily. Without thinking, my legs carried me forward and I wrapped her in a hug. She hugged me back and then pulled away slightly and kissed me. It was the best feeling in the world. She pulled away shortly after since we were probably beginning to draw attention.

"Um, so should we go now?" I asked, looking around at the people that were staring at us rudely.

"Oh. Yeah." She said hurriedly, following my gaze and blushing scarlet. I took her hand and led her outside and over to my car, opening the door for her to get in. Once we were in the car, I looked over at her.

"What?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Nothing." I replied with a smile, shaking my head. She smiled back and I leaned in and kissed her again. This time the kiss got more carried away, but I didn't mind. She was finally mine, and I was the happiest guy in the world.

KYLIE POV

As the kiss deepened, Lucas pulled himself closer to me, and I could feel his hand on my lower back. It slid lower, and then I felt it slide around my waist to the button of my jeans. I pulled away instantly.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, scooting as far away from him as possible in the small space.

"Oh, I thought you w-wanted- but if you don't wanna do that then...." He trailed off, looking embarrassed. I just shook my head and stared out the window.

"No, I don't want to do that." I said icily. I had a feeling that our perfect evening was ruined now, and it was mostly because of Chris. When Lucas had tried to unbutton my pants, I had remembered how fast Chris had tried to do that. His plan the whole time had been to sleep with me and break up with me. No regard for my feelings at all. And then he had the nerve to announce his "other relationship...." I felt bad for whoever the poor girl was, but I knew deep down inside, that I was still envious of her. I really did wonder who she was though...

When we pulled up in front of my house, Lucas opened my door and let me out. I turned around and thanked him for the evening, and then pulled him in for a short kiss, hoping that it fixed whatever hard feelings we had between us. He smiled.

"I'm sorry about earlier I just got carried away..."

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." I assured him with a smile. He smiled back.

"Okay." He replied. I hugged him and then walked up to my front door, opening it and going inside. I was greeted by my mom.

"Hi sweetie, how was your date?" She asked.

"Mom..." I said, blushing furiously. She laughed.

"I'm sorry, I was just wondering." She said with a smile.

"It was good." I assured her.

"Good. By the way, I told your father, and he eventually accepted it, but he's still not happy about you being ungrounded so early." She said.

"I'm ungrounded?!" I asked incredulously. She nodded and then patted my back.

"Yup. Now just go upstairs and give your father some time to think. I wouldn't suggest talking to him until morning." She said. I nodded and then ran up to my room, shutting the door and flopping down onto my bed again.

"Wow." I whispered. This weekend was going better than I thought.

***

Sunday rushed by in a blur, as I mostly talked to Lucas on the phone or texted him all day. When it started to get dark outside, I was shocked, but then I got excited as I realized I would get to see Chr-Lucas tomorrow. I froze. I had almost thought of Chris instead of Lucas! Wow, was I really that tired? I rubbed my eyes and went upstairs, laying in bed and falling asleep quickly.