Chapter 18

"You used to DATE Chris?!" Lucas said, his mouth hanging open in shock.

"Well... Yeah... Why is that such a big surprise to you?" I asked, confused.

"It's just that I've never seen him date anyone before." Lucas said with a shrug.

"Well duh, he just moved here a couple weeks ago." I said obviously.

"True." Lucas said with a shrug.

"Anyway, when I dated him, we kinda had a bad breakup and I haven't talked to him since... Except he keeps giving me these odd stares every day and it kind of puts me a little on edge." I said with a shrug, as if it were no big deal.

"I see." Lucas said, uncrossing his arms.

"You should probably go now." I mumbled.

"Huh?" He asked.

"My dad's gonna be home soon and I don't think you wanna be caught by him." I warned.

"Oh. Okay." Lucas said, getting up and grabbing his jacket.

"See you tomorrow." He said, kissing my briefly before he left. I just sat there, listening to him leave the house, before I felt the tears running down my face. He wanted sex, that much was obvious. But I was scared. Was that all he wanted, or did he actually love me? I knew I might be a little biased because of what happened to me before, but I still wondered if his feelings were genuine. I hoped so.

CHRIS POV

Sadly, I could only stay at Sabrina's house for an hour after school, since she had to go to work. She told me she wished she would've gotten the Tuesday through Friday schedule instead, because her new friend only worked that shift so she wouldn't be there today. I was just grumpy because I hadn't gotten what I wanted since we didn't have enough time. But she promised to come to my house tonight at 8, so I only had to wait four more hours. I sighed and laid back on the bed, closing my eyes and attempting to take a nap. Sleep didn't come, but I still laid there with my eyes closed, just listening to the silence of my house. Kind of eerie if I thought about it... Oh well, it didn't matter anyway.

KYLIE POV

I barely even registered the fact that we had school on Tuesday because of my dampened mood. Lucas wasn't as talkative, and I had a feeling it was because I wouldn't give into him yesterday, combined with his new found knowledge that Chris and I used to date. I didn't care about the looks Chris was giving me anymore. I just looked right back at him as if to say 'what the hell do you want?' I was just looking forward to going to work today so I could spill my feelings to Sabrina. She would understand.

***

After school, Lucas kissed me goodbye, but it felt strained, as if he were still mad at me. Oh well, it didn't matter anyway. He would get over it.

I got home and cried for a good hour, wishing my life could go back to how it was before I ever went to that party. Maybe it wasn't a perfect life, but at least it was livable. Unlike this new life I had uncovered. It was filled with lies and guilt and...love. But in this case, maybe I didn't want the love. It got in the way.

'Or maybe you just don't want Lucas' love.' A little voice in the back of my head whispered. I shook the thought away, telling it to shut up. I happened to look at the clock and I dried my tears, putting on my green shirt and pinning on my name tag. Time for work.

When I got to work, I greeted Sabrina, and she could tell right away something was up.

"What's wrong? You look a little down." She commented. I sighed.