Chapter 24

Lucas POV

As I sat alone at an empty lunch table and watched Kylie and Chris from a distance, I smirked. They didn't know what I had up my sleeve.

*FLASHBACK (from the night before)*

As I got in my car to leave Kylie's house, I thought about something. She said she worked with Chris' girlfriend. I was sex-deprived, and maybe I could kill two birds with one stone... With this thought, I drove to the pet store and parked the car, walking inside. There was a guy at the front desk, and he looked like he was about to close up the store.

"Excuse me, is Sabrina here?" I asked.

"Her shift ended at eight. Are you a friend of hers?" The guy asked.

"Um, yeah, tomorrow can you just tell her that someone was looking for her?" I asked.

"I probably won't remember. I'll just call her for you now." The guy said. He picked up the phone at the front desk and called a number, and then he handed the phone to me. I heard it ringing, and then a sweet voice filled the line.

"Hello?" It asked.

"Hey, I heard you're dating Chris Brown." I said.

"Um, no, we just broke up." She said. Perfect!

"Really? Well, I'm not a big fan of his. I'm Lucas, and Kylie and I don't seem to be getting along either. Care for revenge?" I asked. The guy at the front desk had walked somewhere else, so I had complete privacy.

"I'm listening..." She said slowly.

"First, tell me why Kylie and Chris broke up..."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Today was the day to put our little plan in action. Sabrina had switched her working hours from 12-4 on Mondays through Fridays, so she got off work the same time that Kylie came in. Perfect. This would all be perfect...

KYLIE POV

After lunch, the rest of the day was pretty much uneventful. Chris dropped me off at home, but he came inside with me. We went up in my room and I pulled out my homework, trying to get it all done while talking to him. He was twirling his key ring around his finger, but it looked like he was thinking about something else. When I shut my English textbook and started on my math homework, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey, so I was wondering..." He began slowly. I looked up at him, motioning for him to continue.

"You could always move back in with me... Of course your parents wouldn't approve, but you're eighteen. At least until you can move into your own house." He said.

"Well, I should be getting my house in two months. I guess I could." I said. A smile lit up his face. I could never hold a grudge against him, I loved him too much.

At around 4, Chris said he would give me a ride to work on his way home, so I agreed and got in his car. He drove me to my job and when he dropped me off, I saw Sabrina walking out of the store towards a very familiar looking car...

"Sabrina wait!" I said, going over to her and grabbing her arm. She looked past me, most likely glaring at Chris.

"What the hell do you want now?! You got my boyfriend, you pushed me away, and now you're trying to rub it in my face?" She asked.

"No I just wanted to explain-"

"I don't really care anymore. I got a new boyfriend, maybe you're jealous..." She said with a smirk, and I looked up to see Lucas getting out of the car she had been heading towards.

"Hey babe." He called, leaning against his car in a leather jacket, imitating a bad boy. He was far from it...

"Hey Lucas." She drawled, walking over to him and pecking him on the lips. He winked at me and they sped off, and I sat there with my mouth hung open. So THAT'S how he had found out about me and Chris. Damn him. I looked back to see Chris rolling his eyes, and then he started his car and drove out of the parking lot.

I couldn't care less if Sabrina and Lucas got in a relationship. I had Chris back, and that's all that mattered.