Chapter 10

As Chris wrapped his hand around mine and we walked into the school, kids were staring at him with their mouths hung open in shock. I didn't understand why until a kid from my grade, Brayden, ran up to Chris and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Chris that's like the 4th car you've brought since you started here last week. You bring a different car everyday!" He said in shock.

Chris simply shrugged.

"I know." He said, continuing to walk to the school with me in tow.

Brayden just shook his head and turned around, walking back to his friends.

"Uhh, Chris can I see your schedule?" I asked.

"Sure, but we're not in any classes together. I would've noticed you." He explained. I took his schedule from him anyway and read through it. He was in the advanced math class, but he wasn't in the same period as me. I shook my head in frustration.

"I can get some of the classes changed around." He offered. I looked at his schedule and thought as we walked to our lockers.

"You could switch your Geography and Math, then you'd be in my math class. And you can switch art around with French and Home Ec with Gym. So that would put you in 5 of my classes." I said after looking over his schedule twice.

"Okay, I guess I'll go do that." He said with a shrug.

"Wait, where's the guidance office again?" He asked.

"Um, downstairs. There's a sign. You can't miss it." I explained.

"Okay. See you later." He said, leaning in and kissing me, taking me by surprise and causing me to drop my math textbook on his foot. I blushed in embarrassment and he winced in pain, picking it up and handing it to me.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's fine." He replied, waving it off and continuing down the hall. I finished getting my stuff out of my locker and putting what I needed in my backpack. Then I shouldered my backpack and headed off to my first class: French.

I arrived in French just as the bell was ringing and quickly took my seat, grateful I hadn't been late. I got comfortable and pulled out my phone, scrolling through Facebook and preparing to endure the most boring class ever. Our French teacher was blind anyway (not really but it seemed like it) so she never noticed when anyone had their phones out, even if it was right under her nose.

I was beginning to doze off in the middle of her lesson when suddenly, the door swung open. I looked up in interest and a smile replaced the tortured expression on my face. Chris smiled back at me and walked up to the teacher, showing her his schedule and explaining that he had gotten some of his classes switched. She nodded and motioned for him to find an empty seat. He sat behind me, and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck as he peered over my shoulder and started spying at what I was doing. I quickly logged off of my Facebook so he couldn't see it. He pouted.

"Hey, I was looking." He whined in a quiet voice, trying not to draw our teachers attention. I sat near the back anyway, but I doubted she would notice anything even if I sat in the front row right in her face.

"You don't have to whisper, she can't hear us you know." I said with a laugh, causing some students near me to laugh too. Our teacher noticed nothing, completely engrossed in her lesson. Chris looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Uhhh, how does she not hear that?" He asked in a normal voice.

I shrugged.

"I don't know, but I'm sure not complaining". I said.