Chapter 2

"Oh, hi." I said awkwardly. I shuffled my feet nervously, not knowing what to say.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Chris asked me. 

"Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Just wondering." he said with a jerk of his shoulders that couldn't really be called a shrug.

A smile crept onto my lips as I stared at him. He kept crossing and uncrossing his arms as he waited for me to reply to his question.

"No I'm single." I finally said, still wearing a smile.

"Can I change that?" he asked me with a smirk.

"Hmm, well I guess you could. The real question would be, do you want to change that?" I asked.

"Yes, I would like to change that as soon as possible." he said, shifting his weight so he was a bit closer to me. I could smell his cologne faintly, and it's musky scent tickled my nose. I kept looking at him and taking in his perfect features. His light chocolate coloured eyes lit up when my eyes met his. He was waiting impatiently for my answer. His light green t-shirt was stretched over his fit torso, and my eyes wandered down to his abs. He caught me looking and smiled a bit. I blushed and looked back up at his face. His black hair was buzzed, and he unconciously ran a hand through it in what I could only assume was nervousness. 

"Okay, you changed it. Congrats." I said.

He smiled widely, revealing a row of pearly white teeth. I couldn't help smiling as well before I realized what I had just done. I had agreed to go out with a guy that I had just barely met. The only thing I knew about him was his age! This wasn't right. I should've taken more time to know him. 

"Where are you going?" he asked as I brushed by him.

"Back downstairs. You coming?" I asked.

"Wait for me in the room nextdoor?" he asked in a pleading voice.

"Wait for what?" I asked again. He motioned towards the bathroom.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that's why you came up here. Yeah, I'll wait." I said. 

"Thanks." he replied. He flashed me another smile before disappearing into the bathroom and locking the door. I turned to the room next to the bathroom, only to find that it was a guest bedroom. The door next to this one had been the one being occupied earlier, and I suddenly got another image in my head that I did not need or want. Ew, who would do that stuff in someone else's house?! I shook my head and entered the unoccupied bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed and glancing around the room while I waited for Chris. 

A couple minutes later, Chris walked into the room and I stood up, expecting him to turn and lead me back downstairs with him. Instead, he quietly shut the door behind him and sat down on the bed. I shrugged and sat back down next to him. He angled his body so he was facing me. He was so hot. 

"So why are we here and not downstairs?" I asked.

"Well, if we are gonna actually get to know each other, I think it would be easier if we were in a quiet place, and downstairs is the exact opposite of what we need right now." Chris explained in an obviosu voice.

"Oh, true." I said with a shrug, happy that he had been thinking the same thing I had thought about getting to know each other before anything else.

"So, how come I don't see you around school? You are eighteen, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm eighteen. I just moved here last week, so you probably haven't seen me around school yet." he explained.

"Oh, okay." I said, surprised that the explanation was that simple.

"Yeah, so when did you get to the party?" Chris asked.

"I got here about ten minutes after it started. I was kinda held up..."

Chris and I talked about ourselves for a while longer, and we learned many things about each other. I was more comfortable around him now, because at least I knew him a little better. 

**************************

"I am gonna be in SO much trouble when I get home tonight." I said with a sigh.

"Then don't go home. Come to my house." Chris said with a shrug.

"But what about your parents?" I asked.

"I live by myself." Chris replied with a shrug.

"Really? Where?" I asked in a shocked tone.

"I have a house in the next neighborhood over. There's a guest room if you want to sleep in there, but there are other options." Chris said like it was no big deal.

"Oh, um, sure. I'll go with you. Just as long as I don't have to face the wrath of my mom." I said with a laugh.

"Okay, do you wanna come over after the party?" Chris asked. 

"Sure, but sometime tomorrow when my parents are at work I have to sneak back to my house and get my stuff." I explained. 

"That's fine." Chris replied with a shrug. 

I bit my lip. I had gotten a boyfriend AND decided to move in with him in the same night? If Victoria heard about this, she would think I was smoking some bad shit. Who does that? Well, I guess it all led back to the dumbass I met when I was eleven. If he had never been in my life, I would have never lost trust and freedom from my parents, and they probably would have let me go to this party. If they had let me go, I wouldn't be scared to go home and face my mom, and that meant I wouldn't feel the need to move in with Chris and seem stupid. Wow, that guy REALLY jacked my life up.

I turned back to Chris and he was looking at me wiht a confused expression.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about what time my parents go to work so I can know when to get my stuff." I lied smoothly.

"Oh, okay." Chris said.
"Do you wanna go back downstairs now?" I asked. Victoria would probably be wondering where I was. 

"Sure.' Chris replied. We got up and Chris opened the door, leading us into the hallway. My dad would be home in less than fifteen minutes, and I prayed that he wouldn't come looking for me when he found out where I had run off to. I gulped.